Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of washer/dryer do you have?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

We are looking to buy a new set in the next week, looking for some good recommendations. I dont want to spend a fortune on them, I'd like to get a set for $1200 or less. the bigger the better, there are 5 people in this house and the laundry is never ending. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm gonna bump for you, I'm no help, mine were like 1200 or more each.

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM

BUMP!

chefmartha
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember the cost of our because we got them several years ago, but we have Maytag's Neptune. They are front loaders. That was important to us since we were starting to teach our kids how to do their laundry at the time. DD#2 was about 12 at the time and only stood about 3'11"- 4' at the time and we were worried about her having to stand on something to get her laundry out of the machine, or possibly falling in and not being able to right herself. Plus DD#1 who is in a wheelchair also was expressing the desire to be able to help with laundry and wouldn't have been able to use the old top loading washer.

A nice plus with a front loader is that it usually can hold more jeans, towels, sheets, or even a comforter than a top loader can. Our cat decided to hurl on our quilt tonight and my machine can take the kingsized quilt no problem. And I absolutely love the turbo spin when I do towels. It gets so much water out that they dry faster and almost feel dry when you take them out of the washer. Sounds like a jet is getting ready to take off but you get used to it. Also, I no longer have an issue with unbalanced loads which is nice.

Hope this helps. Oh! We got ours through Aaron's.

LisaSmock
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Costco has a deal on a set check there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rach7224
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I have fisher paykel. The washer spins amazingly and the dryer is very efficient. The only issue is that if you do have problems all the parts are from over seas so repairs can be more... mine work fine though. I love them, but probably wouldnt but that brand again. Good luck finding some you like!
pswanson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I have a whirlpool cabrio and love it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I have a front load washer dryer set that I got at Home Depot. I bought it around Black Friday so I got a great deal. The machines are big enough for a king size comforter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)