Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stress and loosing weight..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Ok so things have been very stressful for me past 3 weeks in this time period I have lost so far a total of 23lbs. I'm still eating as I am use to but still loosing weight. Is it normal to lose that much weight in that short amount of time just due to stress?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I've heard of it but I don't understand the physiologic reason for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Not if your eating the same. Stress=no appetite=weight loss. Maybe something is medically wrong?

Btw it's LOSE... Not loose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Lol ty was in a hurry correcting it now! Yeah, I love that I am loosing weight but not like this.. because yeah nothing has changed how I am eating so I don't know. Even diets do not work for me (have pcos so its very hard) I've been the same weight for no lie for 3 years and its now going down...

Quoting Anonymous:

Not if your eating the same. Stress=no appetite=weight loss. Maybe something is medically wrong?

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Have you changed medications?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol ty was in a hurry correcting it now! Yeah, I love that I am loosing weight but not like this.. because yeah nothing has changed how I am eating so I don't know. Even diets do not work for me (have pcos so its very hard) I've been the same weight for no lie for 3 years and its now going down...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Once upon a time I lost 30lbs in 1 and a half months due to stress...but I wasn't eating and food made me puke, so...it was more like anorexia.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM
No :( same that I've always been on.. the only times I've ever lost weight (not this fast though) is when I was pregnant with both of my children. However I know I am not pregnant... I know stress can cause weight loss but never knew this much. I'm just a big "worry wart" sometimes lol

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Have you changed medications?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Lol the once upon a time part made me laugh.. on a seriousness note though. When I was 15/16 I was bulamic(sp?) I lost a lot of weight then.. now, though I'm eating like usual but not making myself throw up and not throwing up foods at all.. btw how are you doing now? Better?

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Once upon a time I lost 30lbs in 1 and a half months due to stress...but I wasn't eating and food made me puke, so...it was more like anorexia.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM

well the opposite happens to me. 

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Stress and weight loss

While some people gain weight due to stress, for others the total opposite effect takes place.  In these people stress can result in drastic weight loss.  Serious ongoing stress can lead to anxiety, which can often trigger unintentional weight loss.  Anxiety can lead to a loss of appetite, abdominal pains, or a feeling of fullness soon after beginning to eat, resulting in less food intake.

Those who are under a lot of stress may simply forget to eat, due to putting food as a low priority compared to other events in their lives.  This leads to skipping meals and often results in weight loss.  If this is the case for you it is important to see a health professional as you are at risk of developing nutritional deficiencies which can have serious consequences for your health and also increase anxiety levels.

Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Oh yeah, I got over my stress. I took myself out of the stressful situation I was in, and started eating again, met my husband, he got me fat, lol. I gained the 30 I had lost, AND some...its not good and I'm trying to lose it again, but I'm not starving myself. I'm doing it right this time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol the once upon a time part made me laugh.. on a seriousness note though. When I was 15/16 I was bulamic(sp?) I lost a lot of weight then.. now, though I'm eating like usual but not making myself throw up and not throwing up foods at all.. btw how are you doing now? Better?

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)