Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the difference between a TROLL and a BULLY?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 104 Replies

Tell me.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Ill check replies tomorra I go to bed

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
9 moms liked this

Troll makes dumb topics to try to be funny or get attention. Bully attacks people with the intention of hurting their feelings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
6 moms liked this

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!  Get a Grip!  Get a hobby or something!  Pay more attention to your family instead of annoying everyone online.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
4 moms liked this

Troll, meet bully! ^^^

Haha, I jest, I jest.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM
4 moms liked this

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into anemotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

bul·ly 1 
 (bl)
n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.
4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.
v. bul·liedbul·ly·ingbul·lies
v.tr.
1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
2. To make (one's way) aggressively.
v.intr.
1. To behave like a bully.
2. To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation: "They bully into line at the gas pump" (Martin Gottfried).
adj.
Excellent; splendid: did a bully job of persuading the members.
interj.
Used to express approval: Bully for you!

[Possibly from Middle Dutch boelesweetheart, probably alteration of broederbrother; see bhrter- in Indo-European roots.]

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

a troll basically likes to just start a fight verbally but then may ignore any ensuing disputes caused by their controversial topic.  A bully continues with the argument they started inciting maybe a mob mentality or physical violence/threats.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM
11 moms liked this
A bully steals your money and beats you up.

A troll hides under a bridge and eats you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:51 AM
7 moms liked this

Bully
|
|
|
V

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!  Get a Grip!  Get a hobby or something!  Pay more attention to your family instead of annoying everyone online.

lol. A bully is saying something to try and make someone intentionally mad or try purposely to hurt someones feelings. Troll is someone who just bullshits basically just to see other people's reactions. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
This.

Quoting wkukid:

Troll makes dumb topics to try to be funny or get attention. Bully attacks people with the intention of hurting their feelings.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Quoting wkukid:

This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN