Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the difference between a TROLL and a BULLY?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell me.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM
You are both woof woof
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
So I can say something with the intent to hurt you and when you cry bully then I can just say I was getting you worked up, so now I'm a troll? Correct me if I'm wrong but trolls try to get an emotional rise out of you(anger, sadness, frustration), isn't that the same as intentionally hurting someone?

Just trying to grasp that.

Quoting skittlefart:

Bully
|
|
|
V

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!  Get a Grip!  Get a hobby or something!  Pay more attention to your family instead of annoying everyone online.

lol. A bully is saying something to try and make someone intentionally mad or try purposely to hurt someones feelings. Troll is someone who just bullshits basically just to see other people's reactions. 

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Troll would be someone that just likes to stir the pot so to speak amoun the entire group.  Basically post BS stories that will get people riled up, and generally anon; but not always.   A bully is someone targeting a specific person and belittling them mercilessly and can lead to stalking (from minor stalking in cafemom land - follow persons posts, PMing them, etc- to actually carrying the stalking into real life by contacting friends or family member, facebook page look up, harrassment, etc).

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM
2 moms liked this

>.> You're wrong as far as my opinion goes, lol. Making someone pissed isn't being a bully, that's just being a dick  troll But things such as name calling,  physical harm, emotional harm is being a bully. Causing someone to be pissed just to laugh at them when they finally do show that they're pissed off is being a troll. Otherwise anything after that is considered bullying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So I can say something with the intent to hurt you and when you cry bully then I can just say I was getting you worked up, so now I'm a troll? Correct me if I'm wrong but trolls try to get an emotional rise out of you(anger, sadness, frustration), isn't that the same as intentionally hurting someone?

Quoting skittlefart:

Bully
|
|
|
V

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!  Get a Grip!  Get a hobby or something!  Pay more attention to your family instead of annoying everyone online.

lol. A bully is saying something to try and make someone intentionally mad or try purposely to hurt someones feelings. Troll is someone who just bullshits basically just to see other people's reactions. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
spotsmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Nothing. 

Sama2Mamma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Don't know...don't care. Good luck with this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:13 AM
2 moms liked this
hahaha!!
I always see the grumpy ol troll who lives under the bridge.....thanks Dora! very fitting ;)

Quoting kcangel63:

A bully steals your money and beats you up.

A troll hides under a bridge and eats you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM

this!

Quoting wkukid:

Troll makes dumb topics to try to be funny or get attention. Bully attacks people with the intention of hurting their feelings.

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree.. you can be both tho. you can start off as a troll and end up being a bully as well!

Quoting skittlefart:

>.> You're wrong as far as my opinion goes, lol. Making someone pissed isn't being a bully, that's just being a dick  troll But things such as name calling,  physical harm, emotional harm is being a bully. Causing someone to be pissed just to laugh at them when they finally do show that they're pissed off is being a troll. Otherwise anything after that is considered bullying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting skittlefart:

Bully
|
|
|
V

Quoting Anonymous:

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Liar versus meanness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)