Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the difference between a TROLL and a BULLY?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell me.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM
maybe both so a trolly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

A troll posts stupid stuff.  Posts about things that are so stupid and off base everyone know they are not true.   

A bully is mean and thrives on insulting others.  Even if they don't thrive on it, that's what everyone else thinks about them. If someone disagrees with them they spout off at the mouth like that's actually going to make an impression on the other person.  When in reality, all they accomplished was making their own self look ignorant and pathetic.  In the end they probably feel like they really told someone off but what  actually happened was people just rolled their eyes and made a mental note to never take anything they say serious ever again.  So even when they go to a post and manage to make a somewhat dignified response, people reading it still think they are a little brat.  They're not given much more credit than a 13 year old throwing a temper tantrum - and we all know how we feel about kids who act like that.

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Or won't let the billy boats gruff pass

Quoting kcangel63:

A bully steals your money and beats you up.

A troll hides under a bridge and eats you.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM

so really a troll is in a form a bully...

Quoting Sassy762:

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into anemotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

bul·ly 1 
 (bl)
n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.
4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.
v. bul·liedbul·ly·ingbul·lies
v.tr.
1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
2. To make (one's way) aggressively.
v.intr.
1. To behave like a bully.
2. To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation: "They bully into line at the gas pump" (Martin Gottfried).
adj.
Excellent; splendid: did a bully job of persuading the members.
interj.
Used to express approval: Bully for you!

[Possibly from Middle Dutch boelesweetheart, probably alteration of broederbrother; see bhrter- in Indo-European roots.]

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
A troll is a dick.
A bully is an asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM

interesting reply LOL

Quoting Matriarch87:

Liar versus meanness.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM

so basicly they are male.

Whew Im cleared!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

A troll is a dick.
A bully is an asshole.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Trolls smell worse and tend to have more hair.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Well what do you think?

I think trolls are relatively harmless and just say whatever to entertain themselves.

I think bullies are out to hurt feelings.

Quoting thetrollcat:

interesting reply LOL

Quoting Matriarch87:

Liar versus meanness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vickiheitzler
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM
This

Quoting wkukid:

Troll makes dumb topics to try to be funny or get attention. Bully attacks people with the intention of hurting their feelings.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)