Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about......

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 25 Replies
Chiropractors?

Are they helpful? Is it all nonsense? Are they all shady lawsuit chasers?

I've been in a few wrecks the past couple of years. (None my fault)
And my back is in pretty bad shape. My right hip was dislocated as well and is still not aligned properly. It clicks and pops often.

My primary physician has recommended I try physical therapy and chiropractic therapy.

Have you seen a chiro? Did it help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Sooooo worth it.
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
You've been treated?
Mind sharing your experience?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sooooo worth it.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM

i think they do help

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Bump
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I love love love my chiro! He has kept me virtually pain free for 8 years. I had 4 slipped disks from an accident 9 years ago involving my camaro and an 18 wheeler and I swear, I wouldn't be able to move without my chiro. 

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 AM

i loved my chiropractor. it felt great for the first few hours but then it was like nothing changed. my issues were stress related though

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I went to a chiropractor once. 

He only did anything to one side of my body, then wanted me to come back the following week to do the other side. Didn't make sense to me. He wanted me to come every week at $30/session (my insurance co-pay). And, he made things worse. I never went back. 

However, I've heard from other people that chiropractors are amazing. So, maybe it was just that chiropractor that I went to. 

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Eh. Mine fucked me up worse than I was to begin with :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 AM
In the most recent wreck, I was 8 months pregnant and we were tboned at like 40mph by a woman who ran a red light.
:(
I have 2 slipped discs and one herniated one that surgery is being discussed for.
I've heard decompression therapy can be helpful for the herniated disk, which we are looking into before surgery.

Quoting mommamaggi:

I love love love my chiro! He has kept me virtually pain free for 8 years. I had 4 slipped disks from an accident 9 years ago involving my camaro and an 18 wheeler and I swear, I wouldn't be able to move without my chiro. 

MrsThebus
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I went once, I've always been scared to because I'm weird about my bones popping. Especially my neck being popped! I was supposed to keep going but they wanted me to come in every few days and that wasn't in my budget at the time. My back did feel better but my neck just felt weird, probably because I was so out of place and used to it lol. I've been meaning to go back but I haven't got the balls back up yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN