Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about......

Chiropractors?

Are they helpful? Is it all nonsense? Are they all shady lawsuit chasers?

I've been in a few wrecks the past couple of years. (None my fault)
And my back is in pretty bad shape. My right hip was dislocated as well and is still not aligned properly. It clicks and pops often.

My primary physician has recommended I try physical therapy and chiropractic therapy.

Have you seen a chiro? Did it help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (21-25):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I do physical therapy. That is helpful. But I stopped going to the chiro a while ago. Not only was it not helping, it was making thins a worse. I NEVER had issues with my neck before he started messing with my neck and now my neck hurts more than my back some days.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Was hoping you'd come in here! I remember seeing you had some pretty serious back problems.

Did you do physical therapy too or just the chiro?

Quoting 504bbymami:

Eh. Mine fucked me up worse than I was to begin with :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippiePotPie279
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Oh yeah....people can say that chiropractors are quacks, frauds, whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that chiropractic care makes your pain go away. What would you rather us do dear doctors? Come to you every 2 weeks for more percocet?
I love my chiropractor. She's sweet..smart and pretty fucking hot, and she hooked me up with a shit ton of baby clothes. Friend for life.
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM
See that's the same thing my husband said. His neck bothers him and he gets headaches now and never did before the chiro.

I'm scheduled to see the physical therapy team next week.

Quoting 504bbymami:

I do physical therapy. That is helpful. But I stopped going to the chiro a while ago. Not only was it not helping, it was making thins a worse. I NEVER had issues with my neck before he started messing with my neck and now my neck hurts more than my back some days.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Was hoping you'd come in here! I remember seeing you had some pretty serious back problems.

Did you do physical therapy too or just the chiro?

Quoting 504bbymami:

Eh. Mine fucked me up worse than I was to begin with :/

MrsThebus
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Ew lol I guess I just don't like the sound and feeling. When he got to my back it cracked the whole way multiple times, it was creepy. I'm a weenie lol.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Your bones don't actually pop. The noise you hear is the popping of bubbles of air in your synovial fluid. If that makes you feel any better about it. Lol

Quoting MrsThebus:

I went once, I've always been scared to because I'm weird about my bones popping. Especially my neck being popped! I was supposed to keep going but they wanted me to come in every few days and that wasn't in my budget at the time. My back did feel better but my neck just felt weird, probably because I was so out of place and used to it lol. I've been meaning to go back but I haven't got the balls back up yet.

Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:08 AM

When I was 10, I had to see one. I would throw my back out often, and my pedi suggested I see a Chiropractor, and I did, and she fixed me. I had some alignment issues I guess, and I didn't throw my back out till after I had my son, and I saw a chiropractor again, and my alignment was off, but I don't really have the money to pay for treatment, and insurance won't cover it, but it hasn't bugged me since then, so, its alright for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)