Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was anyone else a foster child?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
I was. Did you have a good foster home? A bad one?

I loved my foster mom and still talk to.her on occasion. I went in there as a very high risk teen by the time I left I knew everything about everyone in the house. I was in a group home with 9 other girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Yes. Ten years, my brother 13.
I don't speak to my first or second but do the third.

Each had its ups and downs. ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I've worked in them , my highschool sweet heart was in one and my brother was adopted out of one by my parents
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I was until I was adopted. I had sweet foster parents but their bio son raped me several times through the year I was with them. I was 8. I was adopted 4 months before I turned 10.

tennisgal
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM

what is a high risk teen??

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I attacked my dad at the cps office and was sent to.juvenile. When I was put into foster.care I was drinking alot and was really out of control. They thought I would run away at the drop of a hat so I was hardly allowed to go anywhere without supervision.

Quoting tennisgal:

what is a high risk teen??

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I was in 2 different foster homes from age 12-14. The first one was terrible! The foster parents and 2 of their sons were very mean! The kids would hit me and push me around all the time, the mom put me on a "diet" and all I got to eat ALL day was 1/2 a bologna sandwich, 1/2 a banan and a slim fast shake. They would make me sit and watch them eat steaks, pizza and real food. Then the mom stopped letting me visit my aunt (only family who visited me)unless I lost 5 pounds that week. Then the state found out that the dad and his sons were molesting the other girl that was there, so they moved me. I was there for 6 months and didn't get anything, clothes , allowance nothing!
The second foster home was great! The first day I was there they took me out to dinner to celebrate my coming and to meet the whole family (they had 4 grown kids of their own and a ton of grandkids.). They also gave me $50 for my allowance and the next day the mom took me shopping for clothes. ALL the money they got for caring for me they spent ON me. I felt truly happy for the first time. I still talk to them and its been over 29 years. They are now 89 and 87. And the most sweetest people around. Even after I was sent back home they called to see how I was and to make sure everything was all right.
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Bump
imultracool
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Not me but I have been thinking about becoming a foster parent.
kayla4507
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I was from seventh grade until I turned 18. My first home was good, second wonderful (I consider them my family), third was HORRIBLE, fourth sucked, fifth and final, sucked. 

My second foster family was wonderful. I lived with 3, sometimes 4 other girls. I still talk to them and go to family gatherings. For as far as Im concerned, except on medical papers, they are my family. 

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I was in 2 and both of them were great .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN