Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first anonymous post...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've recently encountered some...I guess you can say...criticism because I am with someone in a wheelchair who is paralyzed.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people who have said to me "Why when you have so many other options..." Or "You are going to deal with struggles forever" etc...etc.

I'm far from perfect...I have issues...although none that are physical that would make his life more difficult and I just simply have a connection with him...so the wheelchair is a non issue.

So would you be with someone who was paralyzed from the waist down?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Replies (51-56):
Schleetle
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Maybe. I'm not really sure, but I guess I would say yes to a date then see how it went.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Well,that's a rarity!

Quoting Anonymous:

It was not in here...it was in real life. Everyone has been pretty awesome in here:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I would,if we loved and cared about each other deeply.I can't believe the criticism you got,well,this is MC,so I guess I can believe it at that!

I guess there are some women in here who have no idea what love is at all.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

If I loved them, physical disabilities would mean nothing.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yes I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM
As weird as it sounds I think what he has been through made him the person that I love. He has such a love for life and a humble way about him. He is one of the best people I have ever had the privilege of knowing...

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

I absolutely would, my Bil got in a car accident when he was 25 years old and is now paralyzed from the waist down... I love him and his legs don't make a difference, I hate it when people judge him... good for you for being open minded!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
As long as he could still give me children.... yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured