Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession (and yes I KNOW I will get bashed)...Child abuse. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
So yesterday I went with my husband and 4 kids over to a friend of mine's house to hang out and eat dinner over there. My friend is married and has 2 son's ages 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 AND is 12wks preg. Well her 2 1/2 year old is VERY mean sometimes, but I don't blame him, I blame HER for never putting her foot down up to this point. Anyway, my 2 yr old DD and her 2 1/2yr old DS were playing with one of those plastic bubble lawn mower things. Her DS decided to go into full on brat mode and took it away from my DD and started HITTING HER WITH IT. I jumped up and grabbed my DD up and hugged her because she was SO UPSET. MEANWHILE, my friend walks up to her DS, picks up the toy lawn mower and starts HITTING HIM REALLY HARD on the side of his body with it. He screamed so bad. I WANTED TO PUKE AND CRY. I was speechless and didn't know what to do. I hurried and got my kids' things together, woke her DH up and left! She left a huge bruise about 4in long on his side leg/hip. I could tell afterwards that she felt bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tastelikeyum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:54 AM
She is moody.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Her DH works 3rd shift...and I woke him up because I thought he needed to be up...with his wife because obviously there is an issue. I didn't do anything to help the poor kid, and I hate myself for that. She has ALWAYS been a good mother to her babies....until today. She just...snapped. I don't know what to do. I could call CPS, but what I REALLY think she need's is help....like mental help.
Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Wow! I don't even know what to say. U didn't say anything to her? Did u tell her husband? A spanking is one thing but that is abuse.
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I would have called 911 the child is learning this from her!

Quoting Anonymous2u:

Wow! I don't even know what to say. U didn't say anything to her? Did u tell her husband? A spanking is one thing but that is abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
But that doesn't validate her abusing her child!

Quoting tastelikeyum:

She is moody.

Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Maybe she needs a break from her kids...maybe she thought u expected her to do something and she didn't know what else to do. Idk. Not making excuses for her. Moody or not she was wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her DH works 3rd shift...and I woke him up because I thought he needed to be up...with his wife because obviously there is an issue. I didn't do anything to help the poor kid, and I hate myself for that. She has ALWAYS been a good mother to her babies....until today. She just...snapped. I don't know what to do. I could call CPS, but what I REALLY think she need's is help....like mental help.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:58 AM

What did you say to her DH? What she did was just awful. =\

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Yes. I did tell her husband. No. I didn't say a word to her. I couldn't. I was in complete mental shock. I have always said if I was ever in the position where I witnessed something like that, I would speak up. But I fucking didn't.

Quoting Anonymous2u:

tastelikeyum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM
No of course not. I can't stand a child being abused period. You said she seemed hurt that she did it. Is that normal behavior for her?

Quoting Anonymous:

But that doesn't validate her abusing her child!

Quoting tastelikeyum:

She is moody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know why the hell I didn't freaking react. I guess because in the 9+ years I have known her, I have never seen her act like that. I have also never seen her treat her children like that.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I would have called 911 the child is learning this from her!

Quoting Anonymous2u:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN