Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flashbacks and flipping it on its head...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
Flashbacks...anything can bring them to the surface. Tonight my man was just talking about some choke hold that was on TV. Bam! Just like that I am back where I was 3 yrs ago. Getting the life strangled out of me by the guy I just broke up with. It was hard as hell but I forced it out of my mind. In my mind I was saying "be gone demon!"...

Then I told myself the things to be joyous over.
My cancer is in remission- so I'm a cancer survivor and a rape survivor.
My son is a fun kid that makes me laugh.
I've got a good man that loves me, wants me, and loves my son.

I just wanted to share I guess.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Flashbacks can be triggered by so many things andthey are difficult to deal with but,you can find ways to work through them and make them not quite so hurtful and difficult...it takes time though to learn what will work for you. Sounds like you have found some ways to cope with them when they happen and that is the best thing you can do. I am sorry you went through what you have...that is so much...but,you ARE a Survivor!  I am Proud of you for All that you have overcome...you are a strong young lady and THAT is a Huge accomplishment!

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Thank you. It was a non stop drama factory for nearly 2 yrs. I've managed to move on from it. I get awful nightmares on occasion. Thankfully they start to fade once I wake up and realize I'm safe.

Quoting cjsix:

Flashbacks can be triggered by so many things andthey are difficult to deal with but,you can find ways to work through them and make them not quite so hurtful and difficult...it takes time though to learn what will work for you. Sounds like you have found some ways to cope with them when they happen and that is the best thing you can do. I am sorry you went through what you have...that is so much...but,you ARE a Survivor!  I am Proud of you for All that you have overcome...you are a strong young lady and THAT is a Huge accomplishment!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:43 AM

huggingHugs Momma! I have different reasons but,I do understand. Writing when they happen may help,also drawing...it allowed me to get things out that I was still unaware of and to heal. if you want to pm me I am willing to be a listening ear...

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

Thank you. It was a non stop drama factory for nearly 2 yrs. I've managed to move on from it. I get awful nightmares on occasion. Thankfully they start to fade once I wake up and realize I'm safe.

Quoting cjsix:

fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:46 AM

{{{HUGS}}} Flashbacks can be very difficult to deal with. I'm sorry you've suffered violence in your life, but I'm thankful you have things to be joyous over, too. Congratulations on your remission---you're an inspiration.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)