Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

appendix ***update** again**update 3

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
My post was deleted. I am on the hospital but my.doc won't hive me anything for pain. It's 4am and I'm hurting bad. Three hours till surgeon arrives

PR

Soooo. Surgeon decided that surgery was not eeded I've been discharged.

UPDATED AGAIN 458PM

I'm home but I'm not Ny better, the pain is shooting from my naval to my lower right side. I'm lightheadedness, Dizzy and thrown up three times. I'm unsure of what to do. I almost blacked out twice.

Update 2/1

I'm admitted to another hospital, doc says it has to be my appendix. Waiting on labs now. Still no pain relief
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Why won't they give you anything for pain?  I'm sorry you're going thru this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:30 AM
I'm sorry, I'll pray that your surgery goes well and for a quick recovery, hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:31 AM
I was admitted at 630pm. The on call said you can take Tylenol. I did, and no relief. I can't sleep it hurts so bad

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Why won't they give you anything for pain?  I'm sorry you're going thru this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Get this, doc said that THEY MIGHT NOT REMOVE IT

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, I'll pray that your surgery goes well and for a quick recovery, hugs.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Wow! I remember the night before my appendectomy & resection. I was in sooo much pain that I called my Dr and asked for more pain meds and he told me I was on the highest theraputic dose he could give me. So, like you I just rode it out. I remember laying on a gurney in the hallway after being prepped for surgery and tears were just flowing. I was sooo scared and I kept wondering if I'm in this much pain now what will it be like after surgery? I was still crying after they put my IV line in and I still had tears flowing as they strapped my arm to a board and told me to count backwards. You know what, when i came to there was no pain! I had a morphine pump I could give myself booster shots every so often and I used it. I had a much larger incision than you will probably have and I had an NG tube in my nose because of the resection. But I didn't have any pain. So, if you can get thru tonite, I promise tomorrow when you wake up you're going to feel sooo much better!! I used my baby breathing, slow deep breaths and trying to focus on something, it helped. If you've had any birthing classes try doing your cleansing breath it really does help some. Good Luck!

Pm me for more info and a free sample.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Did he say why and why not give you something for pain? If you're in pain, there's omething obviously wrong.smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:21 AM
He said that he doesn't like to give strong meds. Not even 800mg Motrin. I'm almost screaming in pain

Quoting Anonymous:

Did he say why and why not give you something for pain? If you're in pain, there's omething obviously wrong.smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:26 AM

If they don't remove it I would go to a different hopsital. Because I don't think the pain will full go away until you have your appendix removed if that is what is causing the pain.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Stupid doctor, he has to give you something, demand it, ask to see his superior, I would!

Quoting Anonymous:

He said that he doesn't like to give strong meds. Not even 800mg Motrin. I'm almost screaming in pain

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Military medicine for ya. Jr flat said no meds

Quoting Anonymous:

Stupid doctor, he has to give you something, demand it, ask to see his superior, I would!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured