Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

L&D

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 AM
  • 3 Replies

so i had my tour today and i'll be deliving at a military hospital...

a few things i liked: jacuzzi in most rooms, possible recording depending on my delivering midwife, baby friendly enviorment( will be placing skin to skin right after birth), no nursey (liked and disliked this one)

dislikes: rooms were wayyyyy smaller then when i delivered at a civilian hopsital almost 4 yrs ago, no nusery (unless NICU is needed), my husband wants me to add that they will not feed the anyone but me(the mom) during our stay there lol

what did/ didnt you like about your deliving hospital?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I loved mine...the nurses were amazing!  It was warm and comfortable and I would still be there if insurance would allow it...(my kids are almost 17)  :)

I had to have an emergency C b/c I had twins and the first was breach...my dr. held my hand while I had my epp.. My first meal afterwards was a "twin pop" from the nurses...they were great!

yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:55 AM

i loved the hospital i delivered my son at..one nurse in particular i cant remeber her name i also had a emergency c-section b.c. his HR dropping..the nurse came in on her day off to see me (probably had something else to do but still lol) and would have stayed longer then the 3 days of i could..

i would admit myself now if i had a reason just to get out of this animal house of mine haha

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I loved mine...the nurses were amazing!  It was warm and comfortable and I would still be there if insurance would allow it...(my kids are almost 17)  :)

I had to have an emergency C b/c I had twins and the first was breach...my dr. held my hand while I had my epp.. My first meal afterwards was a "twin pop" from the nurses...they were great!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Mine was years ago and I remember being scared. They didn't have any labor rooms open so i was put in the recovery room to labor. I had no idea of how things went, heck i had been in labor all day and I went to the State Fair and told off some guy because he wouldn't let me on any rides, I was 2 weeks overdue and HUGE. And when my water broke i had no idea what to do even tho we had taken birthing classes, so I called my MIL at 3:00 am and told her I thought my water had broken and what should I do? She suggested I go to the hospital, and I found the delivery room terrifying. My room was a ward with 3 other new moms and that was cool. This was back in the day when no one could be there when the babies were out of the Nursery, except the dad and even then they made the fathers wash up. The next pregnancy I volunteered in the hospital and knew most of the staff so it was actually fun! I did it so I would be familar with the hospital and not find it so scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN