Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who was right to be mad?? me or him??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
So me and DH got into a disagreement argument yesterday and got mad at each other and it all started because of my 5 yr old son. I cooked dinner last night and serve everyone and usually i give everyone the food they eat most. I gave my son enough rice (because he likes rice) and a little of some ground beef. He didn't even started eating his food yet and he was asking for more rice already.
I told him not until he finishes and starts eating his food. (because deep in me i know hes gonna end up leaving most of the food)
my son started nagging and told his dad so his dad told me to give him more, and i said no!!
DH starts saying oh you never make enough rice ect ect...(but i made 2 cups 1/2) I got mad and gave him more and told him u happy now that u got ur way (in a loud voice). DH just looked at me all mad and went to the room.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 AM

You were right.

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Did your son eat it all? Sounds like your DH needs to back you up honestly. If your son ate it all and wanted more, then give him more, otherwise, give him only what you think he'll eat without it being wasted, just make sure there is enough made to give him seconds and thirds if he wants it.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:55 AM

This

Quoting Lunarprancer:

You were right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM
He played with the food and left almost half of it.

Quoting TigressLily:

Did your son eat it all? Sounds like your DH needs to back you up honestly. If your son ate it all and wanted more, then give him more, otherwise, give him only what you think he'll eat without it being wasted, just make sure there is enough made to give him seconds and thirds if he wants it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:57 AM
7 moms liked this
Your DH undermined your parental authority in front of your son. He's teaching your son that's it's ok to go get another answer if he doesn't like the one he gets from Mom. Not cool.
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Yeah, still, totally not cool from your DH. Just like the next poster said, he is teaching your son that if mommy says no, just ask daddy.... and that's not right. Both parents need to be together on things, only disagree in private if there is a disagreement at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

He played with the food and left almost half of it.

Quoting TigressLily:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:06 AM
I am going to be showing this to him because obviously in his head he thinks his right.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Well you were the one to cave, so you were wrong in that aspect. If you knew your son wouldnt eat everything on his plate then you should have stuck to your guns. You should have also reminded dh that while ds doesnt eat everything and you already said no and that he needs to wait that he should back you up on that. Regardless if you make enough or not. In the end dh didnt really get his way your ds did all by complaining to dad, who sounded like he didnt want to hear it. And he was wrong as well.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol...my original reply is gone! I didn't delete it.....eh whatever...
You were right. Dh needs a timeout
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:11 AM

he is wrong he needs to back you up unless he wants a kid thats a picky eater like mine he wont eat what i make unless its PBJ or chicken nuggets thanks to his father 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)