Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The more I think about it the more mad I get...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Please tell me if you think I'm being selfish....

So my children will be having their last ever birthday part with all of their family this Saturday. We are a military family and are never stationed near our home of record. The 2 kids and I they will be turning 7 and 4 are home right now for several reasons but we are rejoining dh( their dad) again on feb 9th.

So anyway I'm most upset about my one cousin saying they can't come because their sons have a basketball game that day. They aren't in competitive leagues or anything. Like will one came missed kill you?! We are moving and my kids were excited to see your kids before we left!!! They are all close in age.

It makes me feel like my kids and I are just turning invisible to my family. It really hurts that they won't be there.

Then their aunt and uncle won't be making it because their dog suddenly and extremely unknoweningly passed away Tuesday from cancer. The dog never once acted sick but after an MRI on Monday they saw he had cancer in every organ of his body. It's extremely sad it really is. But you can't come because of that?!?!

I'm just really tired of feeling worthless to my family and this just proves that no one really seems to care about my kids or I. The party went from 20 people now to 14. It's not even about the gifts. I don't want any as that will be extra crap that I have to box up and send ups home. I just wanted my kids to feel special on their celebration day. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
So make it special with who will be there.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No you're not being selfish b/c it's not about you...it's about your kids getting shit on...I know this feeling all to well...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:27 AM
4 moms liked this
So? Its not hard to still make it special. People have lives and they can't just stop them because you're moving away. Things come up, plans change. It sucks and hurts but be an adult and suck it up. If they really mean that much to you then go see them before you leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Thanks...ever since my oldest was born we've lived thousands of miles away. It's a big deal when we get to be home. Like why can't my kids be a priority for once?! UHG sorry had to get this out. Because of course even my own parents tell me I'm being selfish. :-/

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

No you're not being selfish b/c it's not about you...it's about your kids getting shit on...I know this feeling all to well...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:28 AM

That's not being selfish at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I can't just go see them. My cousin and her 2 kids live 1.5 hours away. So we don't see each other unless its for kid bdays or Christmas. And they weren't even at Christmas this year for a different reason. So the last time I saw them was at thanksgiving.

Quoting Anonymous:

So? Its not hard to still make it special. People have lives and they can't just stop them because you're moving away. Things come up, plans change. It sucks and hurts but be an adult and suck it up. If they really mean that much to you then go see them before you leave.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Well of course it's all your fault...lol  Everything is always my fault to...I make things difficult...really?  I don;t bother anyone...I work and mind my own business..meanwhile my sister is a compulsive liar who my mother protects like she's a baby...and I'm the difficult one...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks...ever since my oldest was born we've lived thousands of miles away. It's a big deal when we get to be home. Like why can't my kids be a priority for once?! UHG sorry had to get this out. Because of course even my own parents tell me I'm being selfish. :-/

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Well like I said things come up and plans change. If they wanted to they would be there regardless but it is what it is. Make your kids birthday party special regardless of who shows up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't just go see them. My cousin and her 2 kids live 1.5 hours away. So we don't see each other unless its for kid bdays or Christmas. And they weren't even at Christmas this year for a different reason. So the last time I saw them was at thanksgiving.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

So you can't drive 1.5 hours at any time, but you expect them to drive that far for a very specific date and time?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

_AshlynNicole
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM
You could still make it special. But honestly the dog thing, I know how they feel. I was a WRECK when my dog died (you would have thought my child died).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)