Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would a judge throw out a petition for adoption on these grounds??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
The mother filed for adoption in regards to SOS supposed son (He's going to get a DNA test) but she lives in another state and based on the secretaries response at her lawyers office, they weren't even aware of it. In the petition it states she lives in our city,county and start. I have proof she doesn't and a simple check to the school system where she lives would verify He's enrolled there and not here. She lied in the petition so that's grounds to throw it out right??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Your best bet would be to consult an attorney who deals with this kind of case. I have no idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Nelson
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:20 AM

idk buy why would she lie in the first place?  you can do adoptions in other states or even other countries and they are approved.  i doubt they would toss it because she is in another state though.  they will likely just make her refile with her correct address.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM
And basically say Oh OK you lied, so let's try it again with u being truthful this time?? I can't see a judge doing that.

Quoting Mrs_Nelson:

idk buy why would she lie in the first place?  you can do adoptions in other states or even other countries and they are approved.  i doubt they would toss it because she is in another state though.  they will likely just make her refile with her correct address.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I don't know how adoptions work but when I petitioned for CS and moved to another state it was thrown out because I had to file proper paperwork through the state I'm currently living in and not my former state. If she's falsifying documents then that's something they may consider but adoption is sticky. But I hope you get the answers you're looking for. GL
Pnukey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Lying in court is never a good thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)