• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I live in poverty

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
According to the government. I think it's ridiculous that technically I live in poverty with my 3 kids. I know it's tight, but when I filed my taxes they wanted to know how I survived. Apparently I don't make enough to live. Well excuse me for paying rent instead if getting my hair did! Now I'm going to be audited. Maybe ill invite the auditor over for coffee on my $25 kitchen table (garage sale) and brew him coffee with my birthday gift (coffee pot)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM

wow...get an atty on your side, quick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM
We live in poverty too. Nothing to hide here and even if we were ever audited, I wouldn't worry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
So you are going to be audited for being poor?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Audited for what? Who said this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Why would you be audited for being poor. Something isn't right with your taxes. Go to H&R have them do a double check, you might be able to fix the problem before being audited.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Well, I used hrblock so they said they'd deal with it, and as long as I was truthful, it's ok. But it just irks me.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow...get an atty on your side, quick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM

ANYTHING to waste the taxpayers money.....and ease the burden on the REAL crooks, wall st

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM

In any other state, our income would be somewhat okay. But child support for his other kids and city living, we live in poverty too. We didnt get audited thank GOD but I hope you can get it worked out. Good luck!

LaLa_Ivory
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM
ouch =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I grew up in poverty.... I prayed God would bring me out of poverty & he did. My husband & I have a healthy income now. Anyway, my parents went through the same issue & got audited once... Nothing ever came of it & they were fine... They just had to produce some proof of income, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)