Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since everyone else is asking tax questions....and yes, I've Googled the crap out of it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My great aunt died last year and left me pretty much everything. It was all in a trust, so I don't know if that's considered an inheritance tax or if it's something different. Some sites say I don't have to pay taxes on anything less than 5.12 million, some say lessvthan 1 million and some say I do have to pay taxes. I know I'll need to see an accountant, but I just want to know what to expect!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I know for sure you have to file it. My grandma went through that when her mom passed a couple of years ago. She didn't file taxes and the irs sent her a bill for almost $9,000.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Do you have any idea how much she got? You don't have to answer, but I'm just wondering if $9000 would be close to what I'll have to pay.

Quoting shymomof4:

I know for sure you have to file it. My grandma went through that when her mom passed a couple of years ago. She didn't file taxes and the irs sent her a bill for almost $9,000.

shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:09 AM
About $300,000. A lot if hers was 2 years worth of penalties.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any idea how much she got? You don't have to answer, but I'm just wondering if $9000 would be close to what I'll have to pay.

Quoting shymomof4:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow. That kind of makes me feel better actually. I didn't get quite that much, so maybe this won't be as bad as I expected.

Quoting shymomof4:

About $300,000. A lot if hers was 2 years worth of penalties.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shymomof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)