Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

epic tastiness. *warning* may cause excessive drooling, lack of table manners and clogged arteries!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 20 Replies

So it is cold and windy and damn right miserable out today. So I was originally going to make either a big ol' crock pot of chili or even beef stew. Well, I changed my mind LOL I am making the ultimate comfort food. Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with a side of medium spiced Italian Sausage. Here is my tasty recipe!

Mac & Cheese:

3c. elbow macaroni                                  1 3/4c. of milk

1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed                 1 can evaporated milk

2c. Shredded Mexican cheese                  3 eggs, slightly beaten

2c. Shredded white cheddar                    3/4c. butter. melted

Cook your macaroni according to package and drain completely. Place into a 5 qt. greased crock pot. stir in all other ingredients. cover and cook on low 2-3 hours stirring once or twice.

Super simple and yummy!

Now place your Italian sausage in a baking dish and cook in the oven til done, fry up some green peppers and onions in oil with a bit of salt and pepper. Serve on a crusty hoagy bun, top with the onion and peppers and omg call it dinner.

Also in the mac and cheese, feel free to crumble some cooked bacon, Italian sausage or even ground beef in there and let it all simmer together. usually i do the add ins but since i am making Italian sausage with it, i think it'll do just fine all by its lonesome. Enjoy, mamas!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

BUMP!

mary841108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

BUMP!

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I make sausage sandwiches all the time, but I pan fry my sausage and add the peppers and onions halfway. I also love topping it with provolone or mozzerella and putting it in the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese and get the roll all crunchy and warm.

Your mac and cheese sounds good, I seriously need a crock pot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM

they are a great investment LOL i seriously bust mine out 2-3 times a week. They are pretty cheap too, i got mine for about 50 at walmart.

those sandwiches sound amazing....dinner for next week LOL

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

I make sausage sandwiches all the time, but I pan fry my sausage and add the peppers and onions halfway. I also love topping it with provolone or mozzerella and putting it in the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese and get the roll all crunchy and warm.

Your mac and cheese sounds good, I seriously need a crock pot.

whoopsie16
by motherknowsbest on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
most women fantasize about men, i fantasize about food. yuummmmm! bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM

LOL that's amazing!!!

Quoting whoopsie16:

most women fantasize about men, i fantasize about food. yuummmmm! bump!

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM

That sounds SOOO yummy, unfortunately the only 2 people in our home that like mac and cheese are my oldest son and I. /cry LOL!

wedding countdown

mary841108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM

make a batch of the mac and cheese and you and your son can pig out on it LOL my husband doesnt much care for boxed mac and cheese, this stuff, i need a taser to keep him at bay LOL

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

That sounds SOOO yummy, unfortunately the only 2 people in our home that like mac and cheese are my oldest son and I. /cry LOL!

SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I just can't groove on Velveeta.  It's grey before they dye it yellow, and is processed all to hell.

The rest sounds tasty, though.  :)

SunshineBird
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I would add bacon to that and call it perfect! I think everything is better with bacon. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)