Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i change the birth certificado ? Hospital put wrong middle name & i never got the mispelled one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
What office do i go to ? The hospital seems like they cant solve it
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM
They should have paperwork at the hospital or should know where to direct you. Call the administrative offices and complaint that you're not getting any help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

idk, i would call the city hall where the child was born and ask them how to help? we have to go to city hall to get the birth cert

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Call city hall where you get the certificate from they can help 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Courthouse.
CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

How long ago was this? Go to Vital Records. In TN you have up to a year to have the correction done, even then they will draw a line through it and type the correct name above it. You can see it on the long form but on the short form you don't. If it has been over a year (in TN) you need a court order. If you require a court order (in TN) be sure to have the court order specifically state to REMOVE the previous name, if you don't they will draw a line through it. 

I worked for Vital Records in amendments for five years. 

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM
id be pissed!
bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM

County courthouse. Hospital won't do jack to help, it's out of their hands once it's sent off.

meangreen18
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
They put down my DS was a girl so I had to call the number on my paperwork to get is fixed.
Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
We had to have it changed at the court house for our daughter. I would go where you would get the birth cerificate at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Ok i love love the hospital was amazing but they did mess up on her middle name and on the paper work it has another mother name confirming a vaccination I never wanted for my baby . I have all these hospital papers saying she got all these shot , even tho I never signed the ok it was another mother cheryl . I wonder if the hospital never told cheryl that her child was never vaccined
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)