• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Power of atty and taxes.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Because my dh is always gone on the road we got power of atty formers from our lawyer and had him fill them out and all that jazz. Well I went to file our taxes yesterday and now they are saying we can't efile because he isn't there to sign. Even though its covered in the poa papers for me to file and sign his part. They want to do it in paper and mail it in and me pay out of pocket 265 bucks. I think that is stupid. Does anyone know if this is true. I filed last year without him no problem and this year they are basically saying I can't.

If I have to paper file I will do it myself. I know what to do. I used to do our taxes myself but became lazy the past few years. Yes I know bad me. Anyway, do any of you know if this is correct or are they just trying to get more money from me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
WandaSue
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM

no clue...hope you find the answers...heres a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
If you know your pin when you file just efile yourself. It's ridiculously easy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

When my brother was in Iraq, my dad was his POA. Dad couldn't file bro's taxes without an actual signature on the paperwork. We ended up with me learning to forge bro's name (with his permission of course) so dad could get bro's taxes filed. $265 sounds like an okay amount - we don't pay quite that much but to me it's worth it because ours are so complicated.

MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Use Turbo Tax online. Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Just use taxact or turbo tax. You won't need none of that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)