• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday was apparently an early release day. One that I had no clue about. No note was ever sent home about this and normally we don't have an early release day except for the last day before winter break and the last day of school. Both those days we get notices for 2 weeks prior.

SO yesterday I got a call from my son's bus driver asking why I wasn't at the stop to pick him up at 1230. I had to chase the bus down to get my son. By then he was freaked out that I left him (his dad just PCSed to Korea for a year). I finally got him calmed down.

Come to find out it happened to another friend of mine and at least two other parents. All of our kids are special needs children. ALL of them were in a bad way because of this. 

When I called the school I was told "well we sent out notices". If it had just been me, I would toss it off as me being an airhead and not seeing the notice (though I check my son's backpack daily for notes), but it wasn't just me.  What would you do in this situation?   Let it go or talk to the principal to get them to do something.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Since it wasn't just you I would let the principal know. There may be something wrong with their system and they should know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I would definitely let the principal know that you and others did not receive the notice.  IDK what they'll do about it, but I'd bring it to his/her attention.

Jennyp05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Talk to the principal and if he doesn't listen or care then go to the school board
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM

If I speak to the principal she will listen. If not I will bring it up at the next Policy Council meeting and force her to answer.

Quoting Jennyp05:

Talk to the principal and if he doesn't listen or care then go to the school board

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I would talk to the principal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)