Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am thinking of quitting my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I have a very part time job that pays decent but I have a real love/hate relationship with it. I am thinking that eventually I may quit and even though I know we could survive without me working I like having the money that I make. I was thinking of making things to sell on esty. I consider myself pretty crafty and have tons of materials to work i.e fabrics, yarn, buttons, trim etc. I have looked and have seen many cute things but I would like to be able to make something that is maybe I do not have to compete with so many other sellers.So my question is. Have any of you looked to buy something on esty or otherwise that you could not find?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hip2it
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM

The only thing I've ever looked on Etsy for were sealed bottle caps for bows.  I'm fairly crafty, and my mom is super crafty, so between the two of us we don't need to order crafty things like that.

It seems like everybody is on Etsy.  No matter what you're selling, it's like there are a hundred other people selling the same thing.

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I love etsy! I have bought many things on there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Ah, yes, that is the trick! I have an etsy shop (tiptopapplesauce), and you have to have something original and keep changing it to stay ahead of all the copiers who will start making something similar and underprice you.

I've grossed anywhere from $2000 (this year) to $25,000 (2008). My shop has been going downhill since the economy tanked. I also got distracted homeschooling my dd. It takes a lot of time and devotion, but you can do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)