Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG MY CROTCH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have an appointment at 1:45 to have an IUD put in. Only thing is that they didn't tell me which IUD it is. The problem with that is that I heard with the Mirena there is a string that hangs out. Is that true? For the people that have it - does it interfere with your sex life? What other kinds of IUD's are there? Do they all have a "string?"
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
annhart19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM
It does hang out of ur cervix not ur vagina. And it's only like and inch or so. Just enough so it can be taken out when necessary. Usually ur partner doesn't even notice and if they do U can tell the dr and they may be able to clip them shorter. Of bend then so they aren't bothering him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM

these are questions you should have asked your doctor before deciding on an IUD. 

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
YOU make the iud choice, not the doctor.
The paragard has strings as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Not really, considering an IUD is my only option.

Quoting Anonymous:

these are questions you should have asked your doctor before deciding on an IUD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Awesome! Thank you!!

Quoting annhart19:

It does hang out of ur cervix not ur vagina. And it's only like and inch or so. Just enough so it can be taken out when necessary. Usually ur partner doesn't even notice and if they do U can tell the dr and they may be able to clip them shorter. Of bend then so they aren't bothering him
AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
How do you NOT know which IUD you're getting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yes, really, even if it's your only choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really, considering an IUD is my only option.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I originally was going to do it at the hospital but I decided not to do it there for personal reasons. The hospital had given me a pamphlet on both Mirena and Paraguard and I decided on the Paraguard, but then decided to go to my physician to have it inserted instead. 2 days later they called and said they had my IUD and to call them when I had my first period so they could get me in to have it inserted. She never said what it is. I'm assuming they just got whichever one my insurance covers.

Quoting AleaKat:

AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
If you picked paraguard then I'd think that's what you're getting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I originally was going to do it at the hospital but I decided not to do it there for personal reasons. The hospital had given me a pamphlet on both Mirena and Paraguard and I decided on the Paraguard, but then decided to go to my physician to have it inserted instead. 2 days later they called and said they had my IUD and to call them when I had my first period so they could get me in to have it inserted. She never said what it is. I'm assuming they just got whichever one my insurance covers.

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)