Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

trying to get almost 11 month old to

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 2 Replies

My DD will be 11 months in a couple days. I've been trying to get my DD to learn to fell asleep on her own, but she doesn't want to go to bed until around 10 or 11 pm, we are trying to get her used to go to bed by at the latest 9 pm. It's a fight, we get her all ready for bed, give her her bottle, brush her teeth/gums have her say good night to everyone and take her up to bed. The DH and I end up going back up and 3-5 times each (so like 6-10 times) to get her to stop fussing so much, crying or lately she's has starting screaming. I love my babygirl but, I'm more tired now then I was when she was a newborn. When she was that little, she would wake up like once or twice during the night to eat and get changed that go back to sleep. She'd go to bed by between 7-8pm. The older she gets, the harder it is to get her to bed or stay asleep. During the day, she takes 1 or 2 naps, if its 1 nap she will sleep for an hr to and 1.5 hrs if its two naps she will sleep for 15 to 45 mins per nap. Most of the time though she has been taken just an afternoon nap. Any one have any ideas?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM
No ideas, so here's a bump. My 18 month old still wakes up a lot a night, and has a hard time going to sleep, but he's always in bed by 9
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Tough it out?
Idk I'm a sahm so I followed her schedule and not the other way around. She would stay until very late and then in turn sleep late. Eventually she just switched and started falling asleep earlier. She normally goes to bed no later than 9 now. She's 19 months old but as for advice idk so here is a very wordy bump for you :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)