• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you getting an education tax credit??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Like the American Opportunity Tax credit? Is your refund also delayed and still processing?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikki554
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I have not filed yet but I am going to get the education credit. Has it caused yours to be delayed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Yes :(

Quoting nikki554:

I have not filed yet but I am going to get the education credit. Has it caused yours to be delayed?

nikki554
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I just filed mine and it says the first week of march and I got the credit. But it says that all refunds are being delayed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Some people without these credits get theirs tomorrow.

When did you file to get this date? Does your where's my refund page say anything?

Quoting nikki554:

I just filed mine and it says the first week of march and I got the credit. But it says that all refunds are being delayed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I am and filed Monday. Haven't heard anything back, approval or rejection. Ugh.
nikki554
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I have not got my email yet, i just filed with turbotax and it says "Your Refund Will Be Ready by Early March

Sometimes you show up to your favorite cafe, but the coffee is still brewing. Well, your refund is a little like that, too. The IRS isn't ready yet to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. This is a nationwide delay for all refunds for returns like yours - no matter who prepares them.

If you file today, we expect your refund to be in your hands by early March."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Yeah I filed early on Jan 23rd and it just says in line for processing on turbo tax

Quoting nikki554:

I have not got my email yet, i just filed with turbotax and it says "Your Refund Will Be Ready by Early March

Sometimes you show up to your favorite cafe, but the coffee is still brewing. Well, your refund is a little like that, too. The IRS isn't ready yet to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. This is a nationwide delay for all refunds for returns like yours - no matter who prepares them.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I am doing an amended return later, I didn't get my 1098-T before I filed, oops. But either way it gets me nothing, my tuition was lower than my scholarships.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM
The IRS didn't even start accepting refunds until yesterday, so you will probably hear something in the next few days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I filed early on Jan 23rd and it just says in line for processing on turbo tax

Quoting nikki554:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikki554
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM

It is not a big deal for me, I was just surpirsed that it was going to take that long. It usually takes less than 21 days for the deposit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)