Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I work for 40 hrs aweek

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
This week it will be less because of Monday it was orientation so I only had 6.5 hours that day. Tuesday and Wednesday I got 8 hours in. It will be 8 hours when I work for 5 day so 8x5 is 40 hours. So before taxes is $380 an I'm claiming 4 dependents so one of my co-workers said that he claims 1 and he gets about $305 or something like that. He says mine will be like $340 or $350 weekly sense I'm claiming 4. Still good paycheck I say. I get paid weekly not biweekly.

If I get $340 I will get a whole month $1360.00, for a year $70720.00 so it's good.
If I get $350, I will get a whole month $1400.00, for a year $72800.00.

Either way will be great! Not tomorrow but next Friday I get paid and I can't wait.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Replies (151-156):
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I hope you aren't a banker. 

PoisonousBlonde
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I understood what you meant and I agree with you.i work 40+ hrs a week (right now I'm off work because of surgery) and I'd go home and start my second "job" of being mom. I don't feel superior or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

never said i was.  (whining or superior)

Quoting imvanilla:

Oh hush and stop whining.

Not everybody can handle working, nor can they handle staying home.

Novel idea, we are all different and you aren't a superior mom because you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should rethink your choices if you can't hack the sahm thing.  by the way, working moms only get paid for 40 hours but our jobs are never done, either.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a SAHM.  Wish I only worked 40 hrs.  And I don't get paid nearly as well as you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Math fail lolz
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Are you insinuating that after her 40 hrs she puts in at work that she comes home and is done? Lol....
Yea....no.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a SAHM.  Wish I only worked 40 hrs.  And I don't get paid nearly as well as you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tara922c
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Um, if you make 340 a week, that is $17,680. In order to make $70,720 a year, you would have to make $1360 a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Nope, not at all. If you want to get paid, go to work, its pretty much common sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you are the bitter one here. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then why not go work... you don't get paid to take care of your own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been a working mom too, so I know what it's like.  Not being bitter, just wishing I made some money.

Quoting Anonymous:

You think that when working moms get home they just lay around? No, they have to do everything a SAHM does. It was your choice, don't be bitter about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)