Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister better marry this kid!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 28 Replies

My sister (17) has been dating this guy (18)for a few months now, and he is SOO sweet. Im 6 hours away so I havent met him, but he has messaged me af ew times asking ideas for gifts for her.  Yesterday he messaged me and said "I know your mom and sister are going through a rough time, and Im getting ready to get a 10,000.00 check and want to help them. Can you get their address so I can send a money order for 300-400 dollars because I dont want them knowing I sent it or theyll just give it back?"

WHAT?! He is such a sweetie! I wish I could help but I cant, and they are struggling SOO bad right now. They have no money for propane to heat their house or anything!! :(  He is such an angel!!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annie6884
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Why doesn't your sister's boyfriend know where she lives?? Other than that he sounds awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Wow, he does sound very nice.  I don't know that he should be paying for their heat.  

Maybe I'm just being too cautious, but I would worry about a kid who lets people know that he even got a check that big.  If I were inclined to help I would just get the address and make the money order out.  

Also, if he's not the right guy for her your sister should not marry him.  Money can't buy love. 

GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I think it's just the address he needs.

OP that's cute. Hope things work out for them in the future! :)

Quoting annie6884:

Why doesn't your sister's boyfriend know where she lives?? Other than that he sounds awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

He sounds nice, but money isn't everything. She needs to get to know him first, and they both need to grow up. They are too young.

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM

He sounds nice alright! But at their ages, I hope they don't get too serious for a loooong time!

helema24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

mabey hes like me i know how to get to my moms but if you asked for the adress id draw a blank!!

Quoting annie6884:

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

He does sound sweet, but where would an 18 year old be getting $10,000. It seems kind of weird that he doesn't know their address.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

No, theres more to the story. Of course its not everything. But I guess my sister has been upset lately because shes been working her ass off to help Mom with the bills and my Mom has been so stressed and grumpy towards my sister, so my sister is upset and feels like she isnt trying. He doesntwant her to feel that way so he wants to help without them knowing hes helping.

Quoting supercarp:

He sounds nice, but money isn't everything. She needs to get to know him first, and they both need to grow up. They are too young.

kattu
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
He doesn't know his girlfriends address? And why is he getting so much money?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

He wants to do it without them knowing who sent it.

Quoting annie6884:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN