Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for single moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
In all seriousness, what do you do if you can't open a jar?

I feel like nothing would ever get opened in my house without dh lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoPain
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Use a knife to hit the edges, Go over to my neighbors Yes I have done this luckly I have a really nice neighbor who I'm friends with

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

In all seriousness, back in 1974 when I was first living by myself, I bought a contraption called a "jar opener."  I'm sure it's not sold anymore, it's damn dangerous unless you use it just right (even my grown kids are afraid of it, lol).  Kinda a combination of a vise and a pair of pliers.

Plus, I work out, so I'm pretty damn strong.  But sometimes I still need to pull out that torture device.   And even I get hurt with it sometimes (caught the skin yesterday between my hand and thumb, took out a chunk of skin,ow).

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

take a butter knife, slide the blade between the lid and the jar on the edge, and gently pry apart.  you might have to do it on both sides, but as soon as you hear the seal pop you can twist it right off.  and then you don't have all those dingmarks on the lid from bashing the top.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Really???....grow up and be INdependent whether you are married or not!........one cannot always rely on others in life.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM

run the lid under hot water and tap the side with a knife handle.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM

oh, and if you have dishgloves or latex gloves, they will help you get a better grip on it if it's just the wrong size for your hand.  in a pinch, I have also swiped one of my shelf liners and used it.

GLO682
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM

i dont think i have had this issue.

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I'm not a single mom, but DH works a lot. I ttap the sides of the lid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I think you meant "independent." ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Really???....grow up and be dependent whether you are married or not!........one cannot always rely on others in life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I think you mean "independent", and you' re the one who needs to grow up, instead of trying to start drama on cm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really???....grow up and be dependent whether you are married or not!........one cannot always rely on others in life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)