Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no i won't change her party so you can show off your kid...UPDATED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My oldest graduates 8th grade the day before her birthday. We will be having her party probably a week later. Sil is due early July so about 1-2 weeks later. We know she won't be traveling to the party and we're fine with this. She wants us to wait until August to do her party, her birthday is mid June. She wants to use my dad's party as a coming out party for her baby. We said hell no and now she's pissed. Was I wrong? Graduating 8th grade in Chicago is a big deal as you apply to schools here like you do for college.

I told my dh what was going on. I then went to do my weekly shopping trip and put it all up. I saw a message from her asking dh to call her. I let him know & he said to find out what she wants. I called and she said she thought about it and would like to add 20 people to the guest list when we change the date. I told her the date wasn't changing and how the hell did she think she was going to invite 20 people. She said my dd can cut back her friends. Sil wants to invite her mil/sil, husband's boss, a handful of friends who I don't know.. I told her she needs to start saving now for this get together she seems to be planning in her head.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Replies (51-60):
Mabuka
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
What is wrong with that woman?! Put her in her place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I may try to change the date so she could attend, but I wouldn't let her bring 20 ppl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

She is being selfish. If she wants everyone to see the baby, then she needs to plan her OWN party and not try to upstage your daughter. That's your daughter's special day and she deserves to have the spotlight on her.

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Of all the nerve! She must have been quite a bridezilla, too. You are definitely not wrong for changing your plans.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM
She seems to have a strange sense of entitlement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her to get lost she wants to use ur party for her own so she doesn't have to pay for it and steal all the thunders from ur daughter. I'm so piss at her from reading this !!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Tell her no. Just no. Its your childs day and her baby deserves to have their own day too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
she just wants the party without doing any of the work. what a selfish woman.
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
she sounds like she wants you to pay for her party. Don't let your DH back down and you are doing the right thing. Your child deserves a party and to be the center of attention.

Your SIL sounds like a peach
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
she just wants the party without doing any of the work. what a selfish woman.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN