Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, I'm talking to dh, and he goes, "Blah blah blah..." while making a little talking hand puppet gesture...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Dh is bad about not listening to me. He'll sometimes talk over me, or cut me off, or just act as if he can't even hear me. Or, even if he doesn't do that, later I will mention it again and he's like, "WHAT?! You didn't tell me that?!" Uh, yes I did! If you would just LISTEN you would know that.

Last night I was trying to explain something to him, and he had turned his back and didn't appear to even hear me, so I try explaining it further, hoping it will sink in to his thick skull, then he says, "Blah blah blah... Why do you have to talk so much. Just get to the point!" while making this talking hand puppet gesture to demonstrate my apparently 'annoying' talkativeness.

I said, "You're rude and mean. Is that to the point?" He laughed, not thinking I could ACTUALLY be offended by what he said. Then he came over to the couch and was trying to kiss me and hold hands and be lovey like he didn't just really insult me. angryThe whole night he seemed really confused as to why his comment would offend me and why I was still mad. I explained it, of course, as concisely as I could, but he just doesn't seem to get it, just like he doesn't seem to get 80% of what I say.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

i'm sorry that he did that.  i have to admit, though, i do that to my husband.  it takes him 20 minutes to tell a 2 minute story & i lose all interest listening to him ramble.  i will tell him, "you're gonna have to get to the point, i'm losing interest fast".  i don't think it hurts his feelings...i sure don't intend for it to.maybe you ramble a little bit too???

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Thats really disrespectful.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My husband makes the sound charlie browns teacher made when she was talking. LOLOL makes me laugh everytime. But i do ramble on and on and on..

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Ugh. My DH interrupts me all the time, the only reason I can stand it is because I don't think he does it intentionally, and he usually apologizes when I scold him, lol. But that "blah, blah blah" shit? I'd be pissed as hell, too! That's super disrespectful!

lovexroads88
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
No, dh does not do that to me. Yes, I would be irritated if he did. Turn about is fair play, quit listening to him. Do the same crap to him a couple time and then point out that it is frustrating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this

oh blah blah blah! you do talk too much, it took 3 paragraphs to explain why your mad. 

cmendoza316
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I tend to " talk to much at my husband", and I have to remember that men don't have the same attention span that women do. Men tend to tell us what went on in a 24 hour day in less then 2 minutes, where I,.....and women want to tell our husbands a play by play of every minute. Ive learned to just get to the point and realized if I keep it short and sweet he listens more and carries on the conversation with more of a attentive ear.

Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Lmao. But yeah some people don't need a drawn out explanation.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh blah blah blah! you do talk too much, it took 3 paragraphs to explain why your mad. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I think the main point is, though, whether OP rambles or not, it's still rude as hell to cut her off like that, lol. He could have been respectful about it, if he had to say something!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Exactly, besides they were three very SHORT paragraphs. Plus, the only reason I kept talking to him was because he didn't seem to hear me and I wanted it to sink in.

Quoting Superlaura328:

I think the main point is, though, whether OP rambles or not, it's still rude as hell to cut her off like that, lol. He could have been respectful about it, if he had to say something!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN