• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New neighbor leaves dog s*** in the yard. WWYD?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

Serious question. What do you do about a neighbor who won't clean up after their dog? We have a new neighbor who lets his dog shit in the yard and then doesn't bother to pick it up. Mark has stepped in it TWICE now and last night he tracked it in the house because it was dark and he didn't know until he got in the house. I am starting to get REALLY pissed off. If you can't clean up after your dog, YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO OWN ONE! Thing is... I can't PROVE that it is this specific neighbor because I've never actually witnessed his dog going in the yard and him leaving it. BUT... he just moved in not too long ago and he just happens to have a dog and this just happened to become a problem after he moved in. We've been here for 2 years and never had this problem so I know it's him. I don't know what to do cuz it's not like I'm gonna go knock on his door and say something... I don't have the guts to do that. lol. WWYD???

Also, we do not rent from the same land lord so I can't report him.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Do you live in an apartment or really close? I have a decent size yard and my neighbors dogs crap in their own.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would pick it up and throw the back on his front porch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If it were me I would just say something to him. No need to be confronational, just say nicely. You would never believe what happened last night...then go on with the story. Say it in a light hearted manor and hopefully he will feel awful, apologize and start cleaning up after his dog.

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Is the dog pooping in your yard or his. If he's pooping in yours then I'd pick it up put it in a bag and put it on his front porch of mail box with a note saying if your dog poops in someone else's yard pick it up. If his yard then I don't get the big deal. My aunt did the first with their neighbor and never had a problem again. Jmot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Code enforcement.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

The dog owner lives one house over... so right next to my NEXT DOOR neighbor. We share street parking and the shit is usually in his yard or in my next door neighbors yard. So when DH parks behind my van, he is getting out in front of the neighbors house and walking through the yard to get to our house. Also, when he takes the trash out to the curb he has to set it behind my van which also requires walking partly through the neighbor's yard. If he ever let his dog shit in MY yard, it would definitely be on! lol. But no matter whose yard it is, it is illegal to leave dog crap on the ground... at least where I live.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you live in an apartment or really close? I have a decent size yard and my neighbors dogs crap in their own.

pregnant

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting LilliesValley:

Is the dog pooping in your yard or his. If he's pooping in yours then I'd pick it up put it in a bag and put it on his front porch of mail box with a note saying if your dog poops in someone else's yard pick it up. If his yard then I don't get the big deal. My aunt did the first with their neighbor and never had a problem again. Jmot.

It's not his yard... but it's not my yard either. It's the front yard of the neighbor that lives right between us.  We have street parking here so if DH comes home from work and parks behind my van, he is parking in front of the middle neighbor's house which is how he stepped in it last night because he got out of his car and walked through the middle neighbor's (not the dog owner) yard to get to our house. And also one night he was taking the trash out and stepped in it. I'm not actually sure if it was in our yard that time or the middle neigbor's yard. But regardless of WHOSE yard it is, that is nasty and against the law. Our houses are very close to each other so we all just kind of end up walking through each other's yards at one point or another due to the street parking and everything.

pregnant

frzmamaof4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I've been dealing with this for 4 years with our neighbor. He has 4 little ankle bitters and those little bastards keep coming in my yard shitting and ruining my kids' shoes. So my dad told me to put red pepper in the grass, so that when they come to smell, they'll get it up their nose & run away to find another spot! Or you can just throw it in his yard or put it on their front steps (I've done this)!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Sadly, this is probably what I do -_-

Quoting 428:

I would pick it up and throw the back on his front porch.

lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It's not in your yard, tell your husband to stop walking through the neighbors grass...problem solved. That would really tick me off if someone was walking through my yard all the time.

Join the Beautiful Creatures group!
Discuss the books and movies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/beautifulcreatures

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)