Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question...if my spouse owes $ 12,000 on child support .. How much will they take out of OUR tax refund ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Can we block them from taking it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (501-509):
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
How much is your return?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM
A lot of women are greedy bitches. Did I say, "hey anon, you're a greedy bitch?" For not being one you sure did take offense to that comment. Sorry you're having issues with all of that.
Quoting Anonymous:

And what part of that do you not understand because you sure do assume that a lot of women are greedy bitches. My oldest son's father hasn't paid shit for our son. So yes I want money from him yet unless I go through the courts myself and not the state I will never get a dime because the state doesn't give a fuck even when I'm on welfare. Instead they are making my other ex pay back money for my oldest son and me when they put in for back support during the time I got welfare even though he was giving me child support during those months.

Quoting Devious333:

What part of "you don't know everyone's situation" did you not understand? It's a lot more complicated than that as far as my parents go.
Quoting Anonymous:

The courts decide how much a person pays not the ex. It has nothing to do with the ex being greedy. If he didn't pay what he was told by the courts to pay that's on him not your mom.

Quoting Devious333:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You don't know every single person's situation and a lot of women are greedy bitches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your dad obviously wasnt meeting his financial obligation as your parent then. Not only that but pretty sure the op is trying to block his kids from getting their money. Her actions are just as dirty as her husband.

Quoting Devious333:

My dad isn't a deadbeat and he owes a lot in back child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can take it all. Maybe you should be more concerned as to why your deadbeat hubby owes $12,000 in back child support than how to block it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

you cant block it...lets say your refund is $5,000 they will keep it till it's payed in full. So next year will be the same and the year after as well..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I have a problem with what you said because you assume that a lot of women expecting their exs to pay child support makes them greedy bitches. That doesn't make them greedy. That makes them realize that a man should have to take care of his kids that he helped make. Now I will agree that there are some greedy bitches out there but most of us that want child support aren't.

Quoting Devious333:

A lot of women are greedy bitches. Did I say, "hey anon, you're a greedy bitch?" For not being one you sure did take offense to that comment. Sorry you're having issues with all of that.
Quoting Anonymous:

And what part of that do you not understand because you sure do assume that a lot of women are greedy bitches. My oldest son's father hasn't paid shit for our son. So yes I want money from him yet unless I go through the courts myself and not the state I will never get a dime because the state doesn't give a fuck even when I'm on welfare. Instead they are making my other ex pay back money for my oldest son and me when they put in for back support during the time I got welfare even though he was giving me child support during those months.

Quoting Devious333:

What part of "you don't know everyone's situation" did you not understand? It's a lot more complicated than that as far as my parents go.
Quoting Anonymous:

The courts decide how much a person pays not the ex. It has nothing to do with the ex being greedy. If he didn't pay what he was told by the courts to pay that's on him not your mom.

Quoting Devious333:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You don't know every single person's situation and a lot of women are greedy bitches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your dad obviously wasnt meeting his financial obligation as your parent then. Not only that but pretty sure the op is trying to block his kids from getting their money. Her actions are just as dirty as her husband.

Quoting Devious333:

My dad isn't a deadbeat and he owes a lot in back child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can take it all. Maybe you should be more concerned as to why your deadbeat hubby owes $12,000 in back child support than how to block it.
KG34
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

What a cute puppy!

Quoting o.0:

they will take it all.  you can file as the injured spouse and they will not take your share of the return.

o.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting KG34:

What a cute puppy!

Quoting o.0:

they will take it all.  you can file as the injured spouse and they will not take your share of the return.

CeceliaRosella
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Why the hell aren't you concerned with caring for your husbands flesh and blood?

What is wrong with people, I would never want one of my husbands kids to be in need.
Blessed4x86
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM

All of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
That is just a tremendous amount of money. I can't believe it got to that point - sorry :/

Quoting mom2bell:

what?  

Quoting Anonymous:

What!?

Quoting mom2bell:

My ex owes me 39,000 in child support. The past 3 years he has filed I haven't received a dime from his return.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured