Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tax question...if my spouse owes $ 12,000 on child support .. How much will they take out of OUR tax refund ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Can we block them from taking it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
model1000mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this

All of it unless you file innocent spouse then they will only take his % of it but you must file innocent spouse as soon as you know they are taking your taxes. However if he was the wage earner and you were not or you didnt contribute to the income then you will not see a dime.

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Every penny until it's paid. If he is behind and not making payments then they have to enforce some how. That is going to be one happy baby's momma....

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

if you participated in the income for the home I don't THINK (not positive) that they can take ALL of it, but they will probably cypher what percentage of the refund was from his income and take that.

o.0
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

they will take it all.  you can file as the injured spouse and they will not take your share of the return.

Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Not true. She can file injured spouse.

You may be an injured spouse if you file a joint tax return and all or part of your portion of a refund was, or is expected to be, applied to your spouse’s legally enforceable past due financial obligations.

Quoting cmendoza316:

No, you can not block them from taking it and if he owes back child support, you might as well kiss your tax return bye bye, and they will coutinue to take it until ALL past child support is paid. Id start asking myself why be with a man that doesnt support his children.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM
5 moms liked this
I wanna know how her husbandbisnt in jail for being so far behind

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, if she had income that contributed to that return she can file a wounded spouse and they can't touch her portion. It's not her responsibility to pay his CS.

Quoting MysticalKnight:

They will take it all. Nothing you can do about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz132
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM
5 moms liked this

Pay up the owed child support then they can't take your refund =)

blue_elephant
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this
They will take it all, and there is nothing you can do about it. Why does your hubby owe so much in back child support? What a loser!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

YES YOU CAN BLOCK IT

They will take it all unless..... You can file an Injured Spouse form to attempt to have it partially blocked (as long as you worked- if you didnt work....they wont even look at the form). Its Form 8379. You may file it with your taxes or once you recieve notification of the lein. Talk to a tax professional if you do not know how to do this. I could tell you how but honestly....I dont care to. His children deserve support and you married him knowing he was a deadbeat.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

lmao getting 12 grand back and don't want to pay for the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)