Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I spent a month and a half......Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

Without doing  my daughters  laundry, and her dresser and closet is still filled without fits. I am starting to run low on clothing options but my daughter has so much to wear.

I wanted to save money on my water bill, and decided that I would only wash once a month and use the dishwasher once a week instead of everyday, instead of every week. And it has been a big surprise that I went this long without doing laundry. (I just do a small load of underwear)

What do you guys do to try and keep the water bill low?

How long do you wait to do laundry?

*Edit*

I go to the laudrymat to wash, and dry at home. 

And I do dishes by hand now. 

*edit*

My house was just built and the water company does not want to pay for the pipes that the builder had lay down for the whole community. Their are at least 75 houses that can be built in my devolpment. They said that my bill might go down when all the houses have been built. But I am not holding my breath on that one.

My water bill was $350 for two months, thats not including my sewer for $118 a month. And I used to paid about $50 a month at my old house.

If i had knew this I might have waited a little bit longer to build my home.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I do laundry once a week :) We couldnt go that long without doing laundry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I do at least two loads a day. Wish I could go a month
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I do laundry everyday, I wash in cold except for diapers. We couldn't go that long without doing laundry or dishes there are too many of us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
One reason why I glad I don't have to pay water or electric. It's all included in my rent. Of my landlord would fix the roof and all the other problems then I would do what I can to conserve. I can't wait till we move.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
We don't have a water bill so that isn't something I worry about but if I tried to only do laundry once a month I would flood my septic tank. If at the end of the month you do all of the laundry than you've still used the same amount of water in the end. I just can't understand why you think this would lower your bill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I do about 4-6 loads a week. I seem to do a load or 2 every other day. Family of 4. 

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I wash every other day, I can't stand for the clothes to pile up.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I have to at least do a load a day....otherwise it would get out of control

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM

we dont own that much clothes to go that long...How is that saving water, wont you have to clean the clothes eventually?  Wont they have  a perma-smell now?  Doesnt the laundry pile stink?

Gross, I wouldnt do that

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Water is included in our rent, so that is always a plus. We don't have a washer/dryer here. You can keep the bill low by taking it to a laundromat, but that would probably be more expensive in the long run. We could never go that long without dishes or laundry.. I do dishes 2-3 times a day and my husband actually does laundry once a week. Can save on doing dishes by paper plates and whatnot, but that would get expensive as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN