Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tonsils and adenoids remove??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Im having second thoughts about doctors removing DD's tonsils and adenoids. Shes 3 yrs old and has been having pain for the last 3 months in her throat and swallowing food. But what i wanted from the doctor was to do an xray in her throat or check her with the damn camera before and not just check her with a fucking stick and say she has an inflamation and needs a surgery. Im nervous and scare because she already had dental surgery in the past and i hate seeing her or my kids in surgeries. Has anyone been thru this????
I heard tonsils and adenoids are for trapping germs and viruses so why would they remove them??? By removing them isn't that going to cause problems in the future when she gets a cold or flu and make it worse???
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Need advice please
Anonymous
Anyone?
Fields456
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I had both mine out at 7. And dd had her tonsils out at 3. They were huge and swollen and painful. And when the dr took then out they were actually bigger than he first thought. You can always get a second opinion

Also the younger the faster the recovery. Took me 2 weeks took dd like a day. And the same afternoon she had them out she was running around screaming like a crazy person. An felt fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
???
Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Tonsils aren't necessary and kids with chronic infections like tonsillitis will benefit more from their removal. I had mine out at 16 after yrs of tonsillitis. Haven't had throat issues other than strep once in the past 11 yrs. DS had his removed at 5, hasn't had a sore throat since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Her surgery is due in the 6 but the other ENT's have appointments after the 12th and up. Idk if i should cancel it. When u or your daughter had them did it hurt eating foods??

Quoting Fields456:

I had both mine out at 7. And dd had her tonsils out at 3. They were huge and swollen and painful. And when the dr took then out they were actually bigger than he first thought. You can always get a second opinion

Also the younger the faster the recovery. Took me 2 weeks took dd like a day. And the same afternoon she had them out she was running around screaming like a crazy person. An felt fine

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM
my ds had his out when he was 9...but it was because he got constant ear infections, and sinus issues that cause his nose, throat, eyes etc issues...it was constant and we tried every other option first, the surgery was last resort and I wish we coulda just done the surgery from the start.
mygirls2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My dd is 14 and had her adnoids out due to sleep apnea and it has helped greatly. She cant have her tonsils out only if it caused problems due to a blood disorder, my son on the other hand had his removed at age 5 due to constant step and he was a carrier and he is 25 now and i can count the times he has had any issues with his throat on my fingers.. If you went to  a ENT then i would say go with what they are saying but if its just the Pedi i would go to a ENT for a second opinion..

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My brother had his removed when he was younger because his were large and he had a hard time breathing. He was fine. He's fine now.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My 5 year old had them out when he was your DD's age. He had the same issues. He's fine, he doesn't get sick easy. I would go through with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)