Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before Hubby And Baby

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I didn't really know what other title to put so I put this one.

So now im 25 and Married and Have a 5month old baby girl.Now that im a Mom I think back to my life before my husband and baby and think what was I thinking.My husband and I started dating 9 days before I turned 17 so we've been together for quite awhile.Before my husband I was wild and just young and crazy I was dating different guys and hanging with my brother and his friends and I was like the all around party girl I guess.I never ever did drugs but I did drink sometimes but alot of teens did then.I think I went crazy because my school life sucked because I was bullied by alot of people in my school and in my town it was horrible so having fun at home was my solice.I met alot of guys off the internet and all of them got the 3rd degree from my Mom before I ever went out with them.I did fall for a firefighter and lost my innocense to someone who didn't deserve it. (BTW my Mom did break out the baby picture on My husband and My first date).I met my husband off of the site hotornot.com in July 2004 best decision of my life.

but what im trying to get out of all this is im now embarressed about my past and my craziness because now I have a daughter who I want to be a amazing rolemodel too but I dont want her to do what I did.Being a Mom and becomming one makes you grow up and want to be this person that is your childs hero and when she's 16 I dont want her to think it's ok just because I did it.I want to raise her with better values then what I followed not saying my Mom didn't do a good job because I grew up to be a great person.It's just I would rather my daughter wait to give her innocense to her husband and not regret it like I do and and I want her to let heavenly father in more of her life then I did and for her to know he's always there for her for support and to talk to and anything she needed.I just want the best for her I think thats what any parent wants and of course whatever she decides I will love her regardless for always and for enternity a mother's love has no bounds.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2sqgl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM
All we can really do is raise our kids the best way we know how, and pray that they make decisions they think are the best for them. As you get older the stuff you did when you were young don't seem as important anymore. I was the same way except I did do drugs and drink. I do know that my dd wont be able to hide much from me bc I prob did it when I was young.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearsfirst
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way it's refeshing that I'm not alone. I hope I'm the kind of Mom she can't hide things from also.My Mom was the same way she knew I lost my innocense the morning after without me even telling her she say she knew from my eyes.

Quoting mama2sqgl:

All we can really do is raise our kids the best way we know how, and pray that they make decisions they think are the best for them. As you get older the stuff you did when you were young don't seem as important anymore. I was the same way except I did do drugs and drink. I do know that my dd wont be able to hide much from me bc I prob did it when I was young.

smgb0510
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I think you should take what you did in the past and take it as a learning part of your life which every person goes through...  You can look back and say, this happened and I am like this now...

Mommabearsfirst
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

thankyou

Quoting smgb0510:

I think you should take what you did in the past and take it as a learning part of your life which every person goes through...  You can look back and say, this happened and I am like this now...

stephiebugg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Yeah me too. I feel like I know all the tricks to get away with stuff, so I'll know what to look for in my kids. Some of those lessons though are life lessons your kid has to learn on their own. I think everyone has regrets over their past.

Quoting mama2sqgl:

kgcrazy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

You shouldn't hide your past from your children, but you can use it as a learning experience. Often times it works, if not, you'll still love your child regardless

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)