Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What age did your dd start coming into her own?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I know every child is different but I just wanted to see when daughters go from thinking their mommy's know everything to wanting to do things their way.

My dd will be 8 at the beginning of March.  I am noticing that she is starting to act a bit differently.  She doesn't want me to do her hair anymore and she likes to pick out her own clothes and wants no input from me in that regard.  She is also testing the waters as far as seeing how much mouth she can get away with.  (Which is not much at all, lol).  Is this "tween" territory?  She is my oldest so I don't have another to base her off of. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kattu
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My daughter is 4 and does all of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Kristin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My dd will be 9 in June. It started about 3 months ago. I like seeing who she will become. It's pretty cool.

iluvsn85
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM
My dd is 3, to me 8 seems to young to be in tween territory, but it probaably about the right age..
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM
My daughter will be 8 in February. She isn't even close to tween territory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My DD has some of this behavior and she is 5. She has always loved clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It's just very different from what I am use to from her.  I knew she was bound to become more independent sooner or later.  Just hoping it was later, lol.

Lorena
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My Dd was like this from birth. She has always had attitude and wants to do everything on her own. She is 10 now.
GLO682
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

my daughter thinks she is grown. she has always been very mature for her age and even though she is still very sweet, she does try to test me a bit.

she does her own hair in the morning, she has her own style, she is very independent. she is going to be 8 in march. she has always been on the sassier side. she is a lot like me which could be scary lol.

HouseKatof2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My daughter was around 7 or 8 when she really got insistent about picking her own clothes and starting to do her own hair.

She is 15 now & I don't even pretend that I am not a very lucky momma. She still doesn't give me a lot of attitude, or argue, all that often. She knows I am far from perfect, but she still thinks I am pretty awesome.

My son, on the other hand, will be 18 in May. He has thought I am an idiot for at least a few years. He handles it better than a lot of other kids, but I still catch the occasional eye roll or the "yes mom, I know that" comments. He likes to argue for the sake of arguing at least once a week. He still hasn't learned that I have WAYYYYYY more attitude than he does and I can go on forever. LoL   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN