Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did your kids start taking baths unsupervised?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

At what age did your kids start giving themselves their own baths/showers?

My twins will be 7 next month, and I am wondering if I should start giving them a little more "privacy" in the bathroom. They still take a bath together. I wash their hair, but they wash their own bodies. When they get out of the tub, I help them dry off their hair with the towel, but they dry their own bodies as well. Then they dress themselves.

At this point, do you think I should I be letting them take a bath individually, or at least without me in the bathroom supervising them? I still don't think they can handle washing their own hair (their hair is very long and thick and needs a TON of conditioner).

Just looking for a little insight. Thanks!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My daughter is 4 and she takes a bath by herself. She washes everything but her hair by herself. She has been doing it for about a year or so. We check on her every few minutes but she likes to take long baths so she can play.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM

4-5 with the door open 

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Around age 7. I'd let them play for 15-20 mins and then come in to wash their hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves.050709
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I still supervise my ds who is 3.  But my 5 and 7yo take baths/showers by themselves.  I do wash my 5yo hair though because her hair tangles very easily and I have to make sure it is conditioned good or else it will be very hard to brush out.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Your kids at more than old enough. My kids started showering alone around 5 with no help. At 4 we started having them shower with help.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I still wash my 6yr olds hair but he does everything else.  We aren't modest here though.  My kids still see me naked everyday and they are all boys.

lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My 17mo and 3yo take unsurprised baths. I wash their hair double check the butt cracks but I dont stay in the bathroom with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)