Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my DD's teacher should replace her coat updated in pink UPDATE AGAIN

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

On Tuesday, my DD left her coat at school (it was warm in the afternoon) but she left it in her cubby so I figured, no big deal, she will get it tomorrow. Well yesterday (Wednesday) she stayed home not feeling well. This morning, I took her to school and walked her to class (like I always do, she is in kindergarten) and figured I would bring the coat from the other day home since she was wearing her other one, so she didn't have to keep track of both of them.

Problem, it wasn't in her cubby. The teacher saw me looking and said "hey, I lent her coat to another student who forgot hers since it was cold". I asked where it was., She said she has no clue, after school she saw that the little girl didn't put it back and she called her mom, the mom said she didn't have it.  She said that she checked the lost and found (which is where it would be if it got left anywhere on campus) and it wasn't there.

I didn't want to cause a scene in front of the students but I am pissed. This coat was from P.S. is was originally $100 and I paid $50 for it. It is pretty new so I still have the receipt. I feel like sending her an e-mail with the receipt on it saying that she has until Monday to produce the coat, cleaned and in the same condition DD left it in or she can give me $50 or I will got to the administration and let them handle it. 

I understand that she was only trying to help the other student but she really didn't have the right to lend my child's jacket. It's not like it was in the lost and found and no one knew who's coat it was. It was in her cubby, the teacher knew who's it was.

I sent the email but have not heard back from her. If she doesn't get back to me by Monday afternoon about it, I will be going to the administration about it.

We finally got the coat back. The assistant principal contacted the child's mother and informed her that the DD took the coat home and the mother is responsible to either bring the coat back or replace it. The coat was returned and the girl lost recess for 3 days for taking the coat and lying about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Replies (531-533):
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I am glad your daughter got her coat back. 

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM

It was up to the teacher to make certain that the coat got returned to the OP's daughter's cubby.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I think she meant taking as in keeping the coat when she was supposed to return it.

Quoting Kerannmer:

Why did the girl lose recess...what did she lie about? I thought the teacher gave her the coat to wear home.

ericahager2005
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yay happy ending
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)