Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BC for my dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd started her period this week :/ she's 11 and that seems so early to me. My husband (her father) and I (step mom) are doing as we previouy discussed and starting her on birth control immediately. Under my roof she will take it or no longer live under my roof. shes a very intelligent young lady and I just won't see her life ruined by a pregnancy! Which bc pills did you like or not like? How about the depo shot? I hear mixed things on the implant but its definitely sounding like the easiest option as far as making sure she takes it.

Would love your reviews on the bc you loved/hated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Is she having sex ? Planning on having sex ? No ? Ok then why put her on birth control ? Your not her bio mom so have you even spoken to her about it ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I would encourage my daughter to start on the pill, and she can look into other options when she's an adult. I feel it's the safest option for a young growing body whose hormones aren't fully developed. I'd actually like it if she didn't have to be on a hormonal birth control at all, but I'm just not naive enough to believe that condoms will be used correctly each and every time.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM

My pedi wouldn't do it at age 11 unless he was sure she was sexually active. There is no reason for a typical 11 year old to be on any form of BC at all. It is only going to mess up her hormones, especially of she has just started her cycles. And to threaten to no longer allow her to live there is she doesn't take it? WTF???? She has no reason to take it. And her periods are going to be irregular for close to a year because of her age when she started. Educate yourself before making decisions for your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I think its a little young. But your her mom so its your choice. I would not do depo. Horrible side effects. If you do BC pills do Ortho Cyclen, not ortho tri-cyclen. Ortho cyclen gives you the same amount of hormones all month. Ortho tri-cyclen gives you three different amounts of hormone during the month and can really screw with your emotions. Especially her being so young.
Fields456
But at 11

Quoting Anonymous:

I would encourage my daughter to start on the pill, and she can look into other options when she's an adult. I feel it's the safest option for a young growing body whose hormones aren't fully developed. I'd actually like it if she didn't have to be on a hormonal birth control at all, but I'm just not naive enough to believe that condoms will be used correctly each and every time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Not good for her body. but if you have little control you have to do what you have to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
she's 11. she doesn't need birth control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

No reputable doctor would prescribe birth control for a girl that young and you need to get your head on straight.  What a dumbass thing to even think about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM
She is too young! She should be supervised at that age anyway. Don't leave her alone with boys. Also, there needs to be some level of trust between you two. Trust her not to have sex
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Raising her cancer risk early...so nice. If you don't believe me look it up there are government studies that believe it raises breast, cervical, and endometrial cancers. Teach her about condoms. They are the only thing that help prevent disease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)