Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BC for my dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd started her period this week :/ she's 11 and that seems so early to me. My husband (her father) and I (step mom) are doing as we previouy discussed and starting her on birth control immediately. Under my roof she will take it or no longer live under my roof. shes a very intelligent young lady and I just won't see her life ruined by a pregnancy! Which bc pills did you like or not like? How about the depo shot? I hear mixed things on the implant but its definitely sounding like the easiest option as far as making sure she takes it.

Would love your reviews on the bc you loved/hated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jennifer_236
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Do parents not talk about sex now a days.... but just them on birth control? WOW that is really sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM
This seems a little extreme to me. Maybe open up and explain the importance of self control first. Yes things happen, but if you teach her to have a back bone and respect for herself she won't need bc as a back up plan. Be attentive and when she needs it she will come to you. Treat her like the young lady she is, not a child you are forcing to take medicine.
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Are there any studies about the effects of being on hormones for so long??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM
You are not her mom.

Butt out.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

She's 11. She doesn't need to be on bc right now, it's going to mess up her system. Does her bio mom agree with all this or is she not in the picture? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Personally no, I wouldn't at 11 with my daughter, but if she's going to put her on something anyway I think the pill is a good place to start.

Quoting Fields456:

But at 11

Quoting Anonymous:

I would encourage my daughter to start on the pill, and she can look into other options when she's an adult. I feel it's the safest option for a young growing body whose hormones aren't fully developed. I'd actually like it if she didn't have to be on a hormonal birth control at all, but I'm just not naive enough to believe that condoms will be used correctly each and every time.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Oh dear lord please be a troll.

She is 11.  Why do you think she is sexually active??? 

BC can have negative side effects and should only be given to such a young child if necessary.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I think at 11 bc my be too harsh on her young system. When i was 13 i was on ortho tri cyclen to regulate my periods.
layawatling
by Laya on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
If she is having sex at 11, I'd re-think your parenting methods.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I really hope this post has been trolled otherwise my hope in humanity is diminishing rapidly,And makes me sad to think that a parent would force a 11yr old child to take something that could have irreversable effects on her young body or be kicked out of the house..Definetly makes 0 sense !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN