Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BC for my dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd started her period this week :/ she's 11 and that seems so early to me. My husband (her father) and I (step mom) are doing as we previouy discussed and starting her on birth control immediately. Under my roof she will take it or no longer live under my roof. shes a very intelligent young lady and I just won't see her life ruined by a pregnancy! Which bc pills did you like or not like? How about the depo shot? I hear mixed things on the implant but its definitely sounding like the easiest option as far as making sure she takes it.

Would love your reviews on the bc you loved/hated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting ColleenF30:

Raising her cancer risk early...so nice. If you don't believe me look it up there are government studies that believe it raises breast, cervical, and endometrial cancers. Teach her about condoms. They are the only thing that help prevent disease.

Not to mention blood clots, the possibility of causing her infertility when she is older. So many side effects, so not worth it.

dee1603
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Before you go making any rash decisions, think about the potential health risks of being on birth control. Considering she is NOT your dd, you don't really have a say, and without knowing her medical background, you could be putting her at risk.
Step back step mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM
i started my period when i was 9 so 11 is not early. Bc for her is not a good idea so soon. At least wait a few years. She's just getting used to her period. Good luck with this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you fucking serious? When she cannot conceive later from being on BC most her life it's YOUR FAULT. Talk about lazy ass parenting. Just throw hormones down her throat, don't worry about teaching her about safe sex or keeping track of her.
mymanben
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Wow....she's 11.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I'd get her on the mini pills. They don't effect weight as much as the other stuff. In fact, I didn't gain any weight at all when I was on those. They'll also help regulate her period so, I think that should have been more of a reason for you to put her on them, than pregnancy. Cause she's only 11, but I understand what you're saying.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Were you sleeping around at that age?  Is that why you assume she is as well?

Are you having other behavioral issues with her that suggest she will sneak out, unsupervised, to get knocked up?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I believe there are and it's not good for you

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Are there any studies about the effects of being on hormones for so long??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I was 14 when I first had sex....my father was very attentive. He had no damn clue. I was "at the library". He both dropped me off and picked me up. It wasnt something I planned and my father and I had very open communication.

Second, birth control has benefits other than preventing pregnancy. Less acne, less period pain, ect.....

Quoting macbudsmom:

Oh dear lord please be a troll.

She is 11.  Why do you think she is sexually active??? 

BC can have negative side effects and should only be given to such a young child if necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I was 11 when I got my period.  My parents never once considered putting me on birth control.  My parents taught me that you don't go around having sex with just anyone, and believe me at 11 I wasn't even thinking about sex.  I ws 17 when I lost my virginity and that was to my now dh.  BC will just screwup her system.  Talk to her about sex and what can happen, then out some trust in her to make the right choice.  Tell her that if she does decide to have sex then use protection or come talk to her father, you, mother...someone about birth control.  Putting her on bc now is like telling her it's ok to have sex because you are on bc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN