Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BC for my dd

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd started her period this week :/ she's 11 and that seems so early to me. My husband (her father) and I (step mom) are doing as we previouy discussed and starting her on birth control immediately. Under my roof she will take it or no longer live under my roof. shes a very intelligent young lady and I just won't see her life ruined by a pregnancy! Which bc pills did you like or not like? How about the depo shot? I hear mixed things on the implant but its definitely sounding like the easiest option as far as making sure she takes it.

Would love your reviews on the bc you loved/hated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! I didn't start suffering from migraines until 13. I cannot take birth control because if my risk of blood clots and stroke. They have no idea yet if this is a risk for her. My God people are so stupid these days.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Raising her cancer risk early...so nice. If you don't believe me look it up there are government studies that believe it raises breast, cervical, and endometrial cancers. Teach her about condoms. They are the only thing that help prevent disease.

Not to mention blood clots, the possibility of causing her infertility when she is older. So many side effects, so not worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my holy jeeze. She's 11. My SD just decided she wanted birth control so her mother took her. She is 15. She's not yet sexually active but knows she will be and wants to cover her ass for accidents. She mainly wanted it for it to help with periods. I personally think you're insane for wanting your 11 year old on birth control. I have three daughters and would never think to do a thing like that. She may be very intelligent but she has the body of a little girl. Birth control will only have negative results on her later on. You aren't even giving her body time to adjust to growing up.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Give her a couple of years before you do that to her. I'm not against giving a young teen bc but she isn't even a teenager yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
You could permanently mess up her fertility putting her on that right now.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Just cause you were a young hoochey doesn't mean she will be.  (But let's assume she will be a hoochey at 14 bumping uglies at the library like you did, she would still not need to be on bc at 11.)

And I would rather deal with acne, than blood clots anyday, wouldn't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 14 when I first had sex....my father was very attentive. He had no damn clue. I was "at the library". He both dropped me off and picked me up. It wasnt something I planned and my father and I had very open communication.

Second, birth control has benefits other than preventing pregnancy. Less acne, less period pain, ect.....

Quoting macbudsmom:

Oh dear lord please be a troll.

She is 11.  Why do you think she is sexually active??? 

BC can have negative side effects and should only be given to such a young child if necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
she said she was her stepmom...not bio mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its a little young. But your her mom so its your choice. I would not do depo. Horrible side effects. If you do BC pills do Ortho Cyclen, not ortho tri-cyclen. Ortho cyclen gives you the same amount of hormones all month. Ortho tri-cyclen gives you three different amounts of hormone during the month and can really screw with your emotions. Especially her being so young.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I started getting migraines really young (I was around 10 but I also started puberty). I can't take bc with estrogen, I tried and it made me so sick (migraines and vomiting) so I was on the mini pill for years. It screwed with my cycle, I was getting 2-3 periods a month and it was making my acne worse. I have the paragard now, I don't want any more hormones.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! I didn't start suffering from migraines until 13. I cannot take birth control because if my risk of blood clots and stroke. They have no idea yet if this is a risk for her. My God people are so stupid these days.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Raising her cancer risk early...so nice. If you don't believe me look it up there are government studies that believe it raises breast, cervical, and endometrial cancers. Teach her about condoms. They are the only thing that help prevent disease.

Not to mention blood clots, the possibility of causing her infertility when she is older. So many side effects, so not worth it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah I know. It amazes me how many take it without knowing the full risks.

PresleyLove
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Might as well tie her tubes an cut her hair off... What's wrong with you? She's not a dog.. On top of it, she's scared and confused about her body as it is, telling her body can be dangerous to her life and future if she doesn't take these pills/shots/implants/etc. is down right controlling and basically nazism. Stop. Back away... You will ruin her life for a chance to create life!! You treat her like a crazy teen, she will become one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Orrrr....and this is flying out on a limb, you could be a educated adult and understand that a 11 year old is still a CHILD. An 11 year old and a 14 year old think with hormones and heart, not with their brain. Its real classy for an adult to throw around the word hoochey with a child. I hope your trailer has good enough insulation to warm your heart and that bubba can afford the electric bill working at the local Pump and Go

Quoting macbudsmom:

Just cause you were a young hoochey doesn't mean she will be.  (But let's assume she will be a hoochey at 14 bumping uglies at the library like you did, she would still not need to be on bc at 11.)

And I would rather deal with acne, than blood clots anyday, wouldn't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 14 when I first had sex....my father was very attentive. He had no damn clue. I was "at the library". He both dropped me off and picked me up. It wasnt something I planned and my father and I had very open communication.

Second, birth control has benefits other than preventing pregnancy. Less acne, less period pain, ect.....

Quoting macbudsmom:

Oh dear lord please be a troll.

She is 11.  Why do you think she is sexually active??? 

BC can have negative side effects and should only be given to such a young child if necessary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)