Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you be engaged to a married man even though...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He is still married and the divorce has not been finalized yet. Can I still call him my fiancé or boyfriend until everything goes through?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm married and going through a divorce. I have met my new SO coworkers and been introduced as his gf. 

Beagle321
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
It shows a gross respect for the importance of the vows of marriage to be "engaged" to a person who is legally married to another. Do what you want, but to me it is a proclamation that you don't take marriage seriously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My bf is still legally married but they have been separated for close to 2yrs. She wont file bc she will have to pay but he is working on saving up the money. She just doesnt want to pay but she does email him here and there asking if and when he will do it cause she is tired of waiting. So its up to you. I understand what your saying.
overweightmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

You *can*  but I wouldn't date a married man. My BFF just got dumped by a guy because he got back with his wife. Idk if she knew he was still legally married. I hope not. 

GL with everything.

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

You "CAN" but I have NO clue why you'd want too unless you have severe brain damage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I was engaged to my husband before either of our divorces were final. I called him my fiance.
We were married only eleven days after his divorce was FINALLY final.
lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Oh psshhh I'm still legally married, lived with my boyfriend for about a year now. Hubby is a procrastinater, has all the paper work on his lab top just hasn't gotten around to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Coming from a woman whose ex husband was engaged to the other woman, over a year before the divorce was final....the new woman tends to be ignorant as hell but in my case, she was/is just plain stupid.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

What a mess, I don't know why more women don't expect better treatment than a man with baggage and unfinished business....

HippiePotPie279
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM

*hides under your bangs to avoid being see by crazy OP...sneaks out with you*

p.s I have bangs too:)Just cut them myself last night:)

Quoting edelweiss23:

Slowly backs out of post

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I'm sure you could refer to him as your fiance.

Out of curiosity, is there any unusual reasons for the divorce not being finalized yet or just the normal length of time for the ink to dry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)