Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is Downtown Abby about??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I see everyone talking about it? What channel is it on? What is it about?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
chefmartha
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

It's on PBS on Masterpiece Classic.

It's the story of the Grantham family and their staff. It started in season 1 with the reported death of Lord Grantham's heir, a cousin I believe, sailing on SS Titanic. The Earl of Grantham and his American born wife have three daughters and under hereditary rules at the time they couldn't inherit his estate. You also meet Lord Grantham's new heir Matthew,  second or third cousin and a lawyer by trade. There is also a scandal with the eldest daughter that is covered up.

The second season covered WWI, the influenza epidemic and the marriage of two staff members. The youngest daughter runs off with the chauffer at the end of the season, and a staff member is arrested for the murder of his ex-wife.

So far this season we've had a wedding, the eldest daughter and the heir Matthew, had a second wedding that ended in the bride being left at the alter, a birth, and a death.

LOL... It's fun to watch and once you get started you can't stop. It helps if you like watching period pieces since this one starts in 1912 and by the present season they are in the mid to late 1920's. The best characters by far are Mary (daughter #1), the dowanger Countess (Lord Robert's Mother, played by Dame Maggie Smith) upstairs, the whole downstairs cast is great too.

Check it out if you get the chance. I don't know if they have it on Netflix for you to see and catch up but they do offer it on Amazon's version of Netflix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)