• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel guilty

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 33 Replies
I breastfeed my daughter exclusively. SHe will be five months this coming up Tuesday. I take pride in her having nothing but breastmilk.
Yesterday, I was eating an apple. I had cut it up into eight pieces. Well she was in my lap like always lol, and I reached down to help my son get his sock on. I had the bowl in my hand of the same arm that I had wrapped around her. While I am helping him with his sock, she grabbed a piece of apple and started sucking on it.
I feel like a loser now lol. I know this will sound crazy to 99 percent of you all but it bothers me. I wasnt going to introduce ANYTHING before seven months. argh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Stop it. Just keep an eye on her for reactions. Don't feel guilt over something so small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM
she is fine. no reactions. she was quite happy when I saw her with the apple and got pissed when I took it. she cried and her face got all red.
like I said not many would understand. This isnt a small issue to me at all.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Stop it. Just keep an eye on her for reactions. Don't feel guilt over something so small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I cant believe no one else is saying anything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I get it, nut sometimes the best laid plans go astray. Just don't let her get her pats anywhere near anything.g but the boobies ever again cuz now you know that the little munchkin will absolutely put it in her mouth and be irrate with you when you take it away lol. Don't beat yourself up, seriously! Its not she got enough of anything to destroy bf
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM

As, she was just curious! My daughter LOVES apples. 

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
yeah, I dont let food near her since that incident.

Quoting eesmommy:

I get it, nut sometimes the best laid plans go astray. Just don't let her get her pats anywhere near anything.g but the boobies ever again cuz now you know that the little munchkin will absolutely put it in her mouth and be irrate with you when you take it away lol. Don't beat yourself up, seriously! Its not she got enough of anything to destroy bf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM
my four and six year old do too. they eat apples all day long. we can go through a dozen apples in like two days.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

As, she was just curious! My daughter LOVES apples. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Did you change your screen
Name?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I think you are overreacting.  How old is she?  If she is reaching for solids, then she may actually be ready for some kind of food.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
interest in food doesnt mean they are ready lol
she will be five months on Tuesday

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are overreacting.  How old is she?  If she is reaching for solids, then she may actually be ready for some kind of food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)