Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all the idiot pit bull haters......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies
27 moms liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Titana
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I think breed discrimination is wrong to ALL breeds. This means pit bulls, dobermans, chihuahuas, weiner dogs, poodles....it's wrong to EVERY breed not just when someone's breed of choice is involved.

jessica1078
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
love it!!! bad owners always ruin a dog..I've seen severly aggressive small breeds more often than bullys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this

I have a personal and professional reason for HATING pit bulls......... I won't go into it again here... but yes.. I think pit bulls should be outlawed.

Yes... I know that even the labs can be aggressive....but 75% of dog bites are from pit bulls, all the other breeds make up the other 25% (give or take a percentage point or two)...

You can quote me, tell me I'm ignorant or whatever..... but I won't change my mind about pits.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I totally agree. But the "trend" right now is to hate on pit bulls.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I think breed discrimination is wrong to ALL breeds. This means pit bulls, dobermans, chihuahuas, weiner dogs, poodles....it's wrong to EVERY breed not just when someone's breed of choice is involved.

mama_cullum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Can you give a source for your numbers?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a personal and professional reason for HATING pit bulls......... I won't go into it again here... but yes.. I think pit bulls should be outlawed.

Yes... I know that even the labs can be aggressive....but 75% of dog bites are from pit bulls, all the other breeds make up the other 25% (give or take a percentage point or two)...

You can quote me, tell me I'm ignorant or whatever..... but I won't change my mind about pits.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Me too. DHS entire family owns pit bulls and we have two ourselves. The only family dog that's ever bitten someone is SIL's jack russel.....

Quoting jessica1078:

love it!!! bad owners always ruin a dog..I've seen severly aggressive small breeds more often than bullys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Any website will tell you pits bite more than other dogs BUT it's not accurate. Small dog bites are rarely reported so the numbers are obviously going to be scewed.

Quoting mama_cullum:

Quoting Anonymous:

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I think small breeds get a lot of shit too, it's just that pit bulls are more often not allowed in rentals based on breed.

Someone will come in here and say "chihuahuas/poodles/yorkies are stupid little ankle biting yappy assholes" (which is not true, I have a very sweet chihuahua), and 50 people will agree with them.

Someone will say "that should only be based on the individual dog, not the breed" and someone will say "thats not true, I've NEVER met a ________ that wasn't mean!" and 50 people will agree with them.

breed discrimination is just stupid. Give it a few more years, pit bulls will  be forgotten and a new breed will be focused on. It's a never ending cycle. It's just unfortunate that pit bulls (I have met both nice and mean, btw) have been caught up into the legalities of it and are always getting "banned" from some place or another.

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally agree. But the "trend" right now is to hate on pit bulls.

Quoting VannaMae307:

mama_cullum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok? So you're making a number up on the spot based on some websites?

Quoting Anonymous:

Any website will tell you pits bite more than other dogs BUT it's not accurate. Small dog bites are rarely reported so the numbers are obviously going to be scewed.

Quoting mama_cullum:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)