Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm dependant on my husband, so what

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
First let me say, although I am a sahm I have a great degree, I am completely capable of getting a job and taking over financially if god forbid something were to happen to dh. I was raised in a family where not going to college wasn't an option. I worked full time right out of school, I worked after getting married, it wasn't until dd was born that I decided to stay home.

I love being home. I dont worry about bills. My dd never has to go to daycare, I am able to teach her and I feel that's an advantage because she is already doing things most children her age can't do. My family has a home cooked meal every night. I am able to keep up on housework and to me all of these thing interest me WAY more than being a working mom.

Unfortunately I feel that people, even my own family members, feel that I am not doing something useful/ beneficial for myself. They are always asking, so when are you going back to work, or are you going to continue your education?......when? I feel like screaming, why isn't taking care of my family a good enough answer. My priority is family, and I think that's a pretty damn important job. After I am done having kids and they are old enough that they don't need me 24/7 then yes maybe I will return to work/school, but that's not for awhile and I wish everyone would just leave me alone about it.

Also, I am not an anti pa mom but for the record we are not on any assistance and we are by no means struggling.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (51-54):
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I agree! The way I see it, being a mom is freaking tough! I find it hard to understand what the disputing is between the working moms and the SAHM's. I mean, we should be giving each other tips, moral support, and pats on the back. Instead they're arguing, and making us defend our choices. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I do. Time management is something that is extremely important in anyone's life, mothers especially! All moms, working or stay at home have a difficult job. It takes organization and a.game plan everyday to make it work. If you lack those things all hell can and will break loose lol

Quoting SusieQue717:

I have plenty of time to focus on it, from the time I walk into the house, to the time I walk out the next morning. If someone doesn't know how to manage their time and get that stuff done, believe me that if they were a SAHM, it'd be the same way, and the excuse would be that they had to take care of the kids all day... You know what I mean? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't really implying that all working mothers have a dirty home and microwave their kids meals. It's just something I feel I have more time to focus on.

Quoting SusieQue717:

I am a full time working mother, and my family has a home cooked breakfast and dinner every day. I also live in a spotless home. I don't see what one thing has to do with the other? If you manage your time right, they can have the same things. My kids have a nanny, so they don't go to daycare either. 

the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I agree. I am a wahm, but i dont get paid, per-se. I run our part time business, and I benefit from my s/os income from that business, and from his regular job. I dont need my own job, though I am trained, educated, and could work if I wanted to. We both prefer me to be at home. Its no bfd, and I see no problem with people working, or not, as long as their kids are fed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Thing is you have a degree, so if something happens, you could step up and take care of your family. This is a good thing.

Too many SAHMs do not. If their DH left them, they would lose everything and struggle to find a job and support their family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I agree. It's always, so, what are you going to do? Um, I'm doing it, taking care of my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)