Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I snatched my Mom's new credit card yesterday...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My parents live next door and I went over there to drop my dog off, like I do every day that the weather is good. She has a nice fenced in area that her two little dogs play in all day, so I put mine out there with them. They're all best friends. I noticed coming in that the cleaning lady is there today, because her car is out front, but I guess she was upstairs. THEN I see that Mom has this brand new card on the counter top, with that sticker it comes with still on it where it tells you what number to call to activate it.

So, I took it. Ok, No, of course I didn't take it to go on a shopping spree and rob my mom blind, lol. But honestly, I didn't like how vulnarable it made her to have that sitting right there on the kitchen counter with the cleaning lady there. It's not necesarilly that I think the cleaning lady would steal it, but her leaving it there is almost like an invitation and makes my mom look kinda stupid, imo. Mom isn't stupid, mind you, just scatterbrained like me, but still.

I called and told her I'd taken it and why and that I'd give it back to her when I picked up the dog that evening and she laughed and thanked me, saying she meant to activate it that morning and totally forgot.

So, am I paranoid not to have just left it there? wwyd? Do you think if the lady saw it there when she first arrived, then noticed it gone that she might have felt insulted? Or maybe she thought I, myself was just trying to steal it? I dunno, I just don't like my parents being that vulnarable. They used to not even lock their doors, and last year they had hired some people to do some work on their house, construction type work, and a few days after they finished they come home one day from work and their door is wide open and their big flat screen tv is gone. Nothing else, just the tv. It IS hard to trust people these days.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I would of done the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM
they arent your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I probably would have done the same.
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I would have done the same thing. Everyone forgets common sense once in a while and its nice when loved ones look out for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Just because she cleans your moms house doesn't make her a thief. I understand your concern though.

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I would have done the same thing mama :)
Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I think u did the right thing. I hope they learned their lesson and lock the door now. Ask ur mom if the cleaning lady said anything, if she thought u stole it I would think she would say something. But either way I wouldn't care if it offended her. Better safe then sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Yeah, they always lock the door now. Thanks. :)

Quoting Anonymous2u:

I think u did the right thing. I hope they learned their lesson and lock the door now. Ask ur mom if the cleaning lady said anything, if she thought u stole it I would think she would say something. But either way I wouldn't care if it offended her. Better safe then sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I use to clean houses and I would no have thought anything about you taking it.  I know I would not have stolen it but you just never know.

glycerinej
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I would have taken it, activated it and went shopping... cleaning lady could take the blame.
In all seriousness, if your parents trust the woman to clean their home... do they/YOU really think she would have stolen it? I would have left it, but thats me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)